Wheels choice question...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi all :wave:

I've already spoken to Kimi about possibly getting some Gram Lights. However, the 57s is looking out of my price range so wanted some help chosing my other alternative.

Seriously considering these:

They are Buddy Club P1 Racing II Plus (Hyper Gold). 6-spoke, machined outer rim, cast wheel.

Can someone please let me know which is the correct offset I should go for?

17x7.5 ET35
17x7.5 ET38
17x7.5 ET42

I have 215/45/17 (front) and 235/45/17 (back) tyres and also run standard suspension etc.

*Should I run the same offsets for both front and back given all four wheels will be the same width?

Many thanks,

James :thumbs:

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I would go with offset +35 unless there is a lower offset available.
7.5J is a bit thin though in my opinion :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
A'PEXi - I'd like them to be as flush as possible both front and back...

Yako - I hear ya but the chart at least for SRB Power does not list any wider for 17" than 7.5". TBH, I've never been bothered about running wide wheels - as long as my current tyres fit ok front and back, I'm happy!!

Here's a linky to SRB's Buddy Club page if anyone's interested hehe:

http://www.srbpower.com/buddyclub/p1-racing-2-plus.php

So I take it that running ET35 for both front and back should get the wheels and tyres looking pretty flush?

Edit: Just seen Topper's post on the Ultimate Wheel Fitting Guide and the fellas running 17x8 ET35 all round so I think I'm pretty safe!!

Cheers :thumbs:

Last edited:
P

pablo

just a quick point. love the wheels but one thing to note here is the polished lip is not a stainless jacket as found on the rays wheels, so can corrode when left outside and is a royal pain in the ass to keep on top off (many a moment with autosol)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks Pablo for the advice :thumbs:

I take it corrosion usually happens when brake dust is left to eat into the surface? If that's the case, then I'm sure I'd be ok to some extent cos I clean my wheels religiously (pretty much every week of the year).

Would love to go for better finished items such as Rays/Gram Lights but even saving a few hundred quid is kinda important at the mo!!

P

pablo

Thanks Pablo for the advice :thumbs:

I take it corrosion usually happens when brake dust is left to eat into the surface? If that's the case, then I'm sure I'd be ok to some extent cos I clean my wheels religiously (pretty much every week of the year).

Would love to go for better finished items such as Rays/Gram Lights but even saving a few hundred quid is kinda important at the mo!!
its the water marks that dull it. only have to leave it two days raining. wax religiously!!!!

its small lip though and autosol is the daddy

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks for all the replies and advice :thumbs:

There's a slight buckle on the front left wheel which causes a bit of vibration in the steering wheel (caused by previous owner of course). I've been told it can be repaired but I can't find anyone local to do the job... :(

Can't really be without the car for more than a day or two so I'd rather just go for a new set.

Shame cos I really do like these wheels but there is also no offset or width stamped on any part of the wheel so I can't just replace the one wheel!!

James :)

Reaction score
Hey James, on the hunt for some new wheels!! hey hey!!!
width wise as said above, is pretty much up to the driver, i have 245/40/17's at the back and they are pretty chunky enough for me!

Have you looked at Rota?? they would be my first choice if i was on the search for wheels, they arn't a rip-off like all japanese wheels, super lightweight, really REALLY good quality and have some really tastefull designs, i had some on my Honda and, would definately get them again (but i have Nismo ones on the 15 as you know so i dont wanna get rid!!!!)

:thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi Rich,

Yeah, thought about Rota and Ultralite but not too keen on most of their styles.

Don't get me wrong, some look like decent replicas but I really want bronze which means the choices narrow considerably.

Also, although I love the Rota GTR and other ones, I do want to get wheels that other owners might not have etc...?!

:)

P

pablo

some one will always have the same wheels as you buddy. just get what you like dont worry about anything else

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok, had a look at cars with the Buddy Clubs fitted and TBH, I realised I wasn't keen on the silver lip as part of gold alloys?!

So, went back to have a look at Ultralites again (thanks for bumping my brain into gear again Rich) and can't believe I missed this one:

Ultralite ATEC

Here's a car with them on:

Think these are cheeky replicas of the 57s I was thinking about - sorry Kimi but I just can't afford originals at the moment... :eek:

SRB Power will do these for around ?650 which ain't bad at all!!

So, just to double check, will I be ok with:

17 x 8 (both front and back)
ET35
PCD 5x114.3

Standard suspension

Front tyres 215/45 R17
Rear tyres 235/45 R17

Thanks for all the help guys - much appreciated!! :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I know, I know - apologies again for messing you around cos I really appreciate you having to get a quote on price etc... :(

I usually wouldn't be bothered about 200 to 300 quid here or there (for wheels lol) cos they are one of the most important items on any car. However, hate to say it but money is a bit of an issue at the moment when it comes to anything 'extra' and 'she who must be obeyed' considers ANY wheel to be 'extra' or even 'luxury item' :annoyed:

But at some point in the future, I'll spend some serious cash on a summer set of wheels and get some top quality items from Co-ord... :nod:

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
No problem :thumbs:

i understand, sometimes you want things, however you have to be sensible;)

i had my eye on 2 black recaro seats, but i could not afford them at the time, now someone else has beaten me to it :annoyed:

but thats life aint it :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yep - being sensible is the key word!!

I could get things here and there and spend a few more dollars but that leaves little room for servicing costs and the kids would probably be having soup until after Christmas hahaha... but :no:

I deffo don't want to skimp and put off servicing and likewise, I'd like to make sure the kids have a nice Christmas instead of singing carols outside Woolworths for some shrapnel lol?!

Coor - I sound like the Ghost of Christmas Misery!!!!

:)

P

pablo

nice style but 9 inch would be cooler! make sure you space them out on the back a little

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Yeah as pablo said you go for wheels that you like, and just bear in mind it dosnt matter what anyone else thinks, ur car.. ur money imo! ^_^

Im lookin forward to when i come to make this thread for myself lol.