What's new

widebody fitting cost.....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hey guys, as the title suggests I am seriously considering getting a full widebody kit fitted to my car,originally I was just gonna change the bumpers and skirts etc but after looking around there are some really hot widebody kits about,just wondering if anybody had a rough idea of fitting costs of a full kit as this may end up being the deciding factor if its gonna cost a lot more ,I understand there is a lot of work involved so just weighing up whether I can justify the price or not, any ideas would be much appreciated thanks

Jay

Reaction score
prices vary sooooo much with regard to bodyshop rates, probs your best bet would be to find a couple of reputable bodyshops and get quotes. tbh i think the prepping and painting will cost as much as the fitting!
let me know when you find somewhere.... always useful to know a good bodyshop!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Definitely will mate,I know jamie shaw at charisma and his bodyshop do good work but it miles away and expensive too,know of a few good places just being a bit lazy hoping someone who has a widebody 15 would be able to give me a rough guide.
I will get around to ringing a few places have been given a few numbers of places that are supposed to do good work as you say though I bet if I ring 5 places every place will be totally different price wise,we shall see.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
don't forget, that even if you go for a genuine jdm kit and pay fortunes, it will warp and ripple. i've seen it lots now and tbh it put me off....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Really, I didn't know that dude was kinda loving the vertex edge kit but if that's the case I think I will stick to just changing the bumpers and skirts thanks for the info mate!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
well at one point i was about to order a vertex ridge and get littleknocks to fit it, but they said no matter how well you prep it, how much you skim it etc, it would ripple.... thats why eventually i'll just get a vertex lang 4pc kit :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Definitely not going to bother then mate, I know which kit I want if I don't go for the wide body so will just get that instead.
Cheers for the info though,I would be gutted if I spent that sort of money and ended up with a less than perfect finish.

sx-si

Reaction score
my kit fitting and paint is budgeted to 2k and thats with mates rates, for rear fenders attached (bonded on, and blended into the metal) and fitting kit plus so adjustments to the front fenders and also painting engine bay and full exterior
expect to pay 2.5k-3.5k for a perfect fit and good paint

paint and kit fit is exactly what you par for

Reaction score
il have full pics of my car tomorrow mate i had imagination creations finish it off and hes got a long list of full features under his belt, and his work is id go a far as saying next to none.

Wait for my pics and you will see what i mean

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
^^
littleknocks have fitted a few genuine ones from what they told me, and they still said they fitted the kit perfect and made it an amazing finish, but once heat and cold get to fibreglass, it will ripple. theres not much that will stop it.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's a big worry when it look like you would be spending upwards of 5k all in,I would not be happy if a year down the line it needed to be re done......

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I had a genuine Nismo kit on my last S15. It fitted perfectly but I would never have a fiberglass kit again. The material just isn't nice and you will get distortion and stress cracking eventually, however much money you spend and however well it's fitted..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah I have spider cracks in my drift kits paint,and I am super careful with my car but as you say there really isn't much you can do to avoid it.
Is it only the aero kits that are plastic though? Or do some styling companies produce plastic kits?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
As far as I know it's just the original bumpers that are plastic unfortunatly.

S

stevek

^^
littleknocks have fitted a few genuine ones from what they told me, and they still said they fitted the kit perfect and made it an amazing finish, but once heat and cold get to fibreglass, it will ripple. theres not much that will stop it.
could you not put a skim of filler across it first? stop cracks appearing that way and put some expanding foam between original and the overfenders?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
could you not put a skim of filler across it first? stop cracks appearing that way and put some expanding foam between original and the overfenders?
they did mate, they said they did everything possible to produce a flawless finish and it was for a while, but long term just didnt pan out - i must be excused and apologise to him as i'm terrible with names, but the he came to the summer meet and i spoke with him at length about it - obviously he really knows what hes doing as he's been doing bodywork a long time and has worked on some amazing cars, and also owns some. i think he occasionally posts on here as lk drifter and knows james and craig :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Martin - he owns LittleKnocks in South Ruislip.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's good to know as south ruislip isn't too far from me so will give them a shout for a quote if their work is really good.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It is indeed. Check the pics on my build thread (page 1). Martin has painted the whole front end of my car and it's flawless.