What's new

widebody rb25'd s15

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Went and picked my car up on Saturday , a few little jobs its gotta go back for but overall I'm very happy. Car made 519bhp at 1.4bar so chuffed with that.. It now spins up first and second.

Picture of the car when I went to collect it:

So got it back to the unit are started sorting bits out on it,

First job was to fit the greddy decal I had for my manifold (which took all of 10 seconds) but looks SO much better IMO:

Then I bought this off a mate, tomei oil filler cap, it's a mini piston, I thought it was pretty damn cool! Again took all of 10seconds to change haha:

Then I changed all my cam cover bolts (had the new ones for a good year now, but didnt given them to the engine builders incase they got lost):

Old ones:

New ones:

Old:

New:

I will be getting a carbon coilpack cover at some point, and I need to get the front engine cover painted.. So I may just get the cam covers done again.. And have all three done in white

Fitted fuel pump brackets too, but didnt have my drill on me so ill bolt them down tomorrow:

Started to make the diffuser fit too, will hopefully get chance to finish that tomorrow.

When I went to leave I discovered I have a wiring fault and I currently have no front side lights.. No rear lights and no rear number plate light... Only main front beam, high beam and brake lights :-/ the relay is clicking when I turn the stalk on.. I found a blown 10 amp fuse so replaced it but its blowing straight away so will investigate further tomorrow

Also had a mate follow me early who said there's fuel leaking from the over flow when I go round corners.. (Tank was full to brim which is probably why) but either way ill have to get a one way valve put in the pipe.. No wonder the fuel bills are so high!

And lastly another 10 second job done, some words for the passengers:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Should probably update this, I've now had a bigger map sensor fitted to the ecu (old one maxed out at 1.5bar) and the car has now been remapped to 550bhp... I then took it to santapod for japshowfinal did some 1/4mile runs (first time ever for me and the car) had some fun, however clutch then started to slip.. Turned out its only rated to 480bhp.. So took it straight from there to my tuners who are fitting a twin plate OS GIKEN to replace my single.. I've also bought an ikeya formula sequential shifter which is being fitted at the same time.

Should be abit different! And hopefully fun straight shifting, I kept messing up gears at santapod so thought this was a great solution, you still have to use the pedal clutch with this, but should be good

Also I've changed my breather setup and have gone for AN fittings with braided pipe and I've had the engine covers all painted to match the car, looks much better imo :

Hopefully should be getting the car back Monday, and if the weather is good I'll be going back up santapod next Saturday to try again with new shifter and clutch

Couple of pictures I had taken the other day:

Reaction score
Country
Sweet this car think I was parked next to your stand at jap show final. Had a good look around yours looks awsome

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Sweet this car think I was parked next to your stand at jap show final. Had a good look around yours looks awsome
Ah yeah I remember mate, we moved the cones over so you could bring yours forward? And cheers mate, yours looked pretty tidy too

Reaction score
Country
Yeh that was me. Cheers dude wish I had your engine and wings though : D maybe one day

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Wow, looks like I haven't updated this in forever! Anyways long story short the blue s15 got written off in March 2014, some one plied straight into the back of it at 50mph. So anyway I cracked on with a new build, bought my old car back bought a completely bare shell and started again, a little over a year now and the bodywork has been finished this week, cars all mapped up again with new turbo setup and new custom cage was fabricated,

pictures from the paint shop:

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
:censored: that's so nice i had to log in and comment!:wack:
top work love the cut away fenders! look meaningful. :thumbs:

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Bruh!!!! this thing looks so frucking bad-ass!!!!!!!! only thing i would love to see on this perfect ass is a ducktail!!!!!!!

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys, it's definitely been three long years of hard work to get to where I am now, I just hope the White one lasts longer then my old, as for the spoiler comment I have a MASSIVE big gay way I custom made for be rear, not quit finished or powder coated yet but I will find a picture, it's a long hate thing so I suspect there will be a lot of mixed reviews on this

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country

should be finishing the wing this week, really trying to finish the car for japfest this weekend but not sure how likely this is yet, spoiler legs will eventually be going black, obviously no half cut bumper anymore. I know it won't be to everyone's taste

Reaction score
Country
#TIMEATTACK :) if it wasnt running an RB, then it wouldn't work but as its a monster it does :) love it!!

Reaction score
Nice ride man. Nice to see you kept on through the crash. Most would have been discouraged by now. Any info on the rb25 to nissan silvia s15 wiring? This info seems to be the bigfoot of this forum.

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Yeah my bad, I havnt updated this is ages, cars going well and running sweet, didn't get to take it to any track days in 2015 only santapod strip.

Cars now running flat shift on the ecu, I have removed the sequential shifter as I'm now running a short ratio OS GIKEN gearbox, which makes the car even more of an animal,

Here's a few pictures from last year, my favourite being the one used in the magazine feature in Japanese performance:

So the cars now not being used over winter and won't be back out till April, last month I bought it some new 50/50 d-max lights, I wanted the LED versions so fitted those:

Old vs new:

Spoiler is also currently off you'll noticed that's just because it's easier whilst it's parked up over winter.

Also no pictures but I have purchased a KAAZ 2way diff to replace my stock r33 diff, yet to fit, along with some driveshaft spacers to stop me wearing out my driveshafts.

Also booked the first track day of the year with sxoc I will be at castle Combe on the 29th April, along with that I have purchased 8 r888s ready for 2016,

And lastly last week I decided to buy some new coilovers, I love the cusco's on the car but two top mounts started knocking, and Driftworks had 10% off so seemed the perfect opportunity. I have ordered the BC ER ones with the external res tanks so you can adjust rebound and dampening, I have a friend who's boss owns some corner weight scales and my friends set up there stock cars for years so I'm hoping he might help me out with corner weighting the car,

These are the ones I've ordered: still haven't got them yet as BC have challenged my spring rates, but it's now resolved:

So that pretty much brings the car upto date, got lots to crack on with before the track day and I will be in newzealand for the whole of Feb so running out of time really, gotta order a full plumbed in fire extinguisher too and fit that