What's new

widebody rb25'd s15

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys, very glad to have the windows back in, can keep it clean without worrying about the inside now, my rear driftworks knuckles turned up the other day, so I just need to purchase the rear brakes and I can finally disassemble all the underneath all subframes/lower arms and a few other bits and send them all off for powder coating, then refit with poly bushes, and new brakes knuckles etc etc.

they are new window seals mate :thumbs: I used the same guy who removed the windows, he gets his own seals in, which are soft and a nice fit, only the front and rear windows tho obviously the side ones are the original seal just re bonded in.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ah good call man! Want to get new seals for mine when I paint it want to replace the windscreen as it has a couple of chips anyways, so good to know they are available!! Coming together nicely man! Will defo be worth it when it's finished!

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Cool mate, yeah my windscreen was from apex performance (it's heated:ghey:) think it was in the sale for about £330, didnt plan on buying a new one but the window guy had to smash the old one to get it out as he said the seals where rock hard (probably the weather over here). Also the new windscreen has a sticker on it from where it was made (where apex get them from), aprently if you contact them direct there alot cheaper, can write the name down next time I'm up there if wanted?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah that would be blinding mate probably do it through the insurers but be useful if they get stuck sourcing one as I have a heated screen from factory so would need that option

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Picked this lot up from the powder coater's today super impressed and the price was spot on tbh.

Started fitting bushes:

Had to leave he unit so will finish next time I'm up there, havnt heard anything on my bolts yet so don't think there ready so isn't much I can do until they are.

Picture of my new exhaust:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Just got these bad boys delivered to my house, brand new Bridgestone potenza's in a whopping 295/35/18 will still have a small amount of stretch, just need to refurb and respray my rear wheels then get em fitted,

Just need to find some matching for front as there pretty budget and I don't wanna use them

Reaction score
Country
Powder coating looks great :)

Can't wait to see how the back end looks with these 295 on, they're exactly the same size the big boy time attack guys are using on the rear with Yoko A050s... Grip here we come...

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
What did you pay for these if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks

Just got these bad boys delivered to my house, brand new Bridgestone potenza's in a whopping 295/35/18 will still have a small amount of stretch, just need to refurb and respray my rear wheels then get em fitted,

Just need to find some matching for front as there pretty budget and I don't wanna use them

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I'm chuffed with the powder coating, still awaiting a few more bits back from them and bolts from being plated,
As for grip should hopefully get the power down, don't think these tyres will last long tho :-/

and although there new I bought them second hand if that makes sense I paid £300 for the pair which I didn't think was too bad

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Yeah I'm chuffed with the powder coating, still awaiting a few more bits back from them and bolts from being plated,
As for grip should hopefully get the power down, don't think these tyres will last long tho :-/

and although there new I bought them second hand if that makes sense I paid £300 for the pair which I didn't think was too bad
You definitely made a good saving

love the powder coating :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
You definitely made a good saving

love the powder coating :)
Yeah I thought it was a good deal tbh

Those are some seriously monstrous tyres! :cool:
What can I say... That's how I roll ;) haha should look pretty insane from the back!

updates from tonight:

Took some picture of the interior back in today:

Doors arnt painted because I'm gunna get some flat door cards made probably out of alloy that hold my window switches and have a handle to pull the door closed when I'm strapped in.

Fitted my seats and harnesses, what a nightmare this was! However finally fitted exactly where I want them, before I get slated I know the harness's arnt are the correct angle, but I'm not bothered for the moment:

Also spent a good hour using a mixture of rags, wood, wd40 a vice and a 10ton bottle jack in a home made press and a mate to get all these bushes in, trying not to damage the fresh powder coated subframe of course, still awaiting bolts:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Just got back from the workshop, after a long day/night but the cars starting to come together!

Had a call this morning saying my bolts are ready so went and collected them and attempted to sort them before going to the unit:

Got to the unit and started fitting ball joints, was abit of a pig tbh got the rears fitted:

Even tho I saved the good ball joints (the moogs) for the front as they take more abuse one of them split when I was fitting it, as its brand new and they arnt cheap I decided to just tiger seal the rubber, doesnt look great but worked a treat:

Then I cracked on putting the rear subframe together, new driftworks geo nuckles:

Rear subframe, I know the yellow backing plate on the diff is horrible, came like it when I bought the diff:

Anti roll bar fitted: (looks bent from this angle, but its just wear it curves over the exhaust)

All fitted:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Then moved onto the front:
New goodies- steering rack bushes and new gaiters

The rack bolted up:

Everything bolted up on the front:

And that's all I can done for now until my front hubs are finished powder coating, then steering and front brakes can go on, need to make some power steering lines up for the rack Togo under the engine.

Had a phone call from rising sun yesterday morning, saying they didnt think they'd get it all done yesterday but should be ready for collection On Monday, so fingers crossed!

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Got a few bits done at the workshop today, fitted my steering wheel, played about with the coilovers and camber on the rear, broke the power steering line whilst trying to bend it into place, so will have to get a custom braided hose made up I think.
Painted gearbox again,
And fitted steering arms, gaiters etc
And fitted short shifter, which is the only thing I took a photo of,

So cleaned the stock shifter plate up and painted it, primer:

Then plated it gloss black:

And fitted my new short shifter kit:

Picture if my new momo shifter:

That's all for now.

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Picked up the front knuckles from powder coaters today:

Fitted hubs/bearings:

Bolted it all upto the car:

Then fitted the front brakes:

I have also left a deposit on some rear willwoods, will be ordering them on the 23rd so should be here in a few weeks, still no sign of my engine :-/ just waiting on that before I can do anything now

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Updates from tonight, just doing little bits on the car whilst I'm waiting for the engine, fuel lines turned up today, will still need more to do inside the boat but Order'd these for the main lengths under the car:

Went for AN-8 supply, and AN-6 return

Got these bulkhead fittings to go through my fire wall:

Drilled 20 and 25mm wholes in the floor behind drivers seat and put grommets in:

Drilled and fitted the bulkhead fittings, in the boot:

In the car:

Then I made off an end on each fuel line, and fitted them in the car:
(Since doing this I've noticed the AN-8 hose on the left had a kink so I will most likely swap it round end to end tomorrow to be on the safe side):

Will look much neater once my P-clips turn up so I can secure the hoses in place, for now I've just pulled them through into the engine bay:

Hopefully will be using a mates ramp Friday to get under the car and secure it all properly.

Got a friend of mine to make me this:

The left hand chamber is for my washer fluid, and the right is my expansion tank for the radiator.

I gave it abit of a clean/polish, still could do with abit more tho, I foam taped the underside to stop vibration and metal on metal rubbing and to protect my tub, drilled some wholes and fitted it:

I also got him to make me this battery tray the other day, I fitted it today,:

He's also currently making me a power steering pot.

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Could pictures from today, pushed the car down to a mates unit and got the 15 on his ramp todo my fuel lines, I intended to pop rivet them, but once under the car I changed my mind to riv-nuts, which is a much better idea because there easier to remove if I ever need to, here's the pictures:

That's all for now, can't finish the lines in the bay till the engines in, and havnt got the pumps for the boot yet so can't make them up either.