What's new

widebody rb25'd s15

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Completely forgot to update this!,

Rear brakes turned up the other day, I've got to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed especially for the price, however with no alot of rear brake options (whilst trying to keep a handbrake of some sort) ill be keeping these, I'm sure they'll work perfectly fine, the calipers themselves look fine it's just the overall setup, ill let the pictures do the talking:

Picture of the rear handbrake lines... As you can see a nut has just been welded onto the thread :-/:

And a picture of the rear disc, which wasn't on any plastic wallet, nor was there anything inbetween each disc in the packaging, looks filthy, and the studs have been elongated to fit :-/ again I'm sure I can clean it and use it and it'll be fine.. But this is a band new product bought off the shelf at D-Bpower

Just to show how bad the packaging was.. The calipers don't even fit in there boxes:

On a better note, got Rainer to make my downpipe/elbow all in one yesterday, I will be plumbing my wastegate back into it once I've got hold of the correct tial flange and clamp (they cost a bomb)

He also started tacking my intercooler pipework together:

Few bits I bought the other day:

Decided to buy a new s13 rad rather then using the skyline one and having to cut the iner skin on my bonnet!

Started plumbing abit of the high pressure side in:

That's all for now

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Some updates, went to fit the rear brakes the other day:
Those with sharp eyes will spot the difference:

(The top left hand bleed nipple on the right hand side caliper is missing) spoke to the company and they will hopefully be getting one sent out too me, honestly no affence to any companies on here... But all the ones I seem to deal with I have nothing but problems! It's always two steps forward one step back!

UNTIL the other day...
Took my steering rack to be machined by a company called ct engineering, told me it would be 5 days, turned up on the Saturday and it was all done and only charged me £10 bonus! Just got then to machine the surface where the high pressure line bolts up so I can now use a banjo fitting:

So next I needed a power steering line... Was waiting for rising sun todo it but they've been too busy so I phoned rich and told him not to worry, then on Thursday around 11 o'clock I phoned hose solutions aka hell performance and told them exactly what I needed and paid for it there and then,

Got home the next day at 1 o'clock and the custom made hose has already been delivered! I've dealt with many companies and many people and have bought many parts over the last 17months.. But this company is by far the best!
So checked it over and ok there was a small mix up one of the fittings was meant to be 14mm and they sent me two 16mms by mistake, phoned them up straight away no problems didnt want the 16mm one sent back, and when I woke up this morning (again under 24hours later) the fitting had already been delivered to my door, amazing!!!!
The hose:

How it'll sit on the rack and pump:

Fitted the rear brakes:

Didnt fit the handbrake tho as I need the stock bracket that holds the cable to the subframe, also can't bleed the brakes till the new bleed nipple turns up!

Popped to the painters and borrow one of my wheels, they've been filler'd and primer'd and had there first coat, I just wanted to see how the fitment want, first time with the actually s15 lower arms hubs etc etc and seem to sit spot on:

That's all for now, also finished most the fuel system in the engine bay and in the boot, no picture's tho, and fitted my newly made downpipe, chuffed with it fits nice and snug and the fitment is spot on.

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Right, some updates, Rainer finished all my intercooler pipework today, cuffed to say the least, one complete piece hot side, one complete piece cold side, to help minimise boost leeks etc, so only 4 joiners! And the pipe come on and off the car easierly:

Every end is swage'd too, accept the one into the throttle that is a welded band.

There's also now no room for my oil cooler in the drivers front wing.
But after talks with my mate it really doesn't seem a good idea anyway. He pointed out that if I go off on track and hit gravel (we all know how unforgiving that can be) if it rips my bumper... High chance it could take the cooler with it... Which could potentially be bye bye engine!
So will all that in mind.. I'm going to make room for it between the intercooler/fans and rad.

Also the car now has a fully working handbrake (will be better one pads wear in mind) and the missing bleed nipple showed up today, so all my brakes are now bleed!

Rear propshaft was sent off for making on Wednesday.

Rear wheels are done, I had tyres fitted the other day:

Bare in mind these are 12J WIDE! Was pretty happy with the fitment:

I know the picture qaulity isn't amazing but gives you an idea, they look spot on in the flesh, spent a good hour setting the ride height/camber and toe on Tuesday, just buy eye, and measurements, I know it'll need professionally doing but atleast it gives them something to work with rather then being a million miles away.

Only one real bit of fabrication left now.. Last minute changes where decided last night..

My fuel is going to be cut apart... Two baffle plates welded in, and a false floor slanting down towards the pickup point. I have also Order'd a ATL fuel probe which will be fitted at the same time.

At the moment the tank is just flat and empty with a 1inch foam floor... Wanted to baffle it to help with weight shifting when cornering hard, as no one likes a sloshy tank! And the False sloping floor to help with it starts running low.

That's all for now, still waiting on engine, really hoping its back soon so I can finish this!

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
This is ****ing dope mate! I have painted my chassis parts white to :)

how come you went for black wheels though?

Had no idea it was the same cour scheme as mine!

Blue and white FTW

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys,

This is ****ing dope mate! I have painted my chassis parts white to :)

how come you went for black wheels though?

Had no idea it was the same cour scheme as mine!

Blue and white FTW
yeah man white and blue looks awsome, as for the wheels I know it sounds stupid but there only rota's... I'm not a huge fan of Rota's as there so common, I didn't think my wheels where much to rave about... So I just left them subtle and black.. Would eventually like some mega dishy jap wheels like I had on this before, but the Rota's where cheap and good sizes so there staying for now:thumbs:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
got the car out the workshop today as we where having a move around so took it as an opertunity to take a few pictures of how the cars sitting:

enjoy

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of kits on the S15 but that does look pretty good. Those are pretty much the only Rota's that look good in those particular sizes too.

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Been a pretty hectic week last week had to get the car ready Togo to dyno tuner, as he rest of the work is now being carried out there, wist I'm n holiday in Greece the wiring will be taken care of, and hopefully the ne forged engine will be ready for when I return so I can go down and swap them over, I have order'd a link G4 Ecu which will take two weeks to come and a AIM strada digi dash board, so cars now finished minus the engine swap wiring and mapping, it won't be coming back to me till its running,but I will be up there doing some of the work myself, dropped the car off last Saturday, here's some photos of the outside basically complete minus rear diffuser:

We cut the tank apart, added two baffle plates and a sloping floor to the pickup point! No pictures of this, but also added a ATL fuel probe etc, pictures of the boot almost finished awaiting a lift pump and filter:

Propshaft arrived and fitted:

Pictures from the drive, was a pig to get the car on the trailer as the wheel setup I run made the car a lot wider then the trailer, so spent a good few others finding wheels that would clear the big brakes, the coilovers etc took a few slip on spacers and various wheels but it went on in the end!

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Right looks like I've been slacking with the updates again! Got the car back from mappers last Thursdays around midnight after what was a very long day!

Limped it down to Farnham for full alignment.. Then have spent the last four days clocking up 400 miles and I've now dropped the car off for further mapping on high boost and an oil change last night, hopefully to get it back end of the week.

Car was running around 447bhp and felt AWSOME, handling was also spot in after alignment.. I really can't described just how well this car grips.. Only gear it really spins up is 1st.
Will hopefully be coming back around 500+ next week with similar torque.

Since Thursday I took the car up the unit for some tlc,

Removed the rear diff:

Checked it all, cleaned the seal surfaces, checked the level and topped it up:

All sealed up, went abit mental on sealant:

Picture of the carbon cooling panel:

Door handles turned up today, match my steering wheel pretty well :) :

Then on Sunday I took the car to a annual car show with another car forum I'm part of 'Hampshire jap cars' and I'm very proud to say the s15 won best car of the show post 1994!

Picture of the award:

Couple of pictures others took of my car on the day:

Picture if it on the dyno last week:

And lastly a picture of it now left at dyno tuner:

Really didnt want to take it back! Has been such a good past 4 days of finally driving the car after almost two years worth of building! And the car was absolutely faultless, not one thing needed changing was very impressed by every aspect of it, and the grip round corners from the roll correction knuckles truly are something else!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Congrats on the birth of your new baby! :) looks very nicely done! I reckon you'll need a wing to keep the back end down though. Go BGW!! ;)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys, yeah needs the rear diffuser fitting still and a custom spoiler I'm thinking of making something along the lines of the Ben sopra ones as show on their 180sx and r35 skyline:

Ill make it easy to remove whilst leaving the rear bumper on and hopefully curve the spoiler legs enough to still be able to open and close the boot :)

Picture of the digi dash I bought.. Then made it fit, very impressed with this dash... There's not alot it can't so and means no need for any gauges at all!

Picture of it turned on:

Low pressure fuel pump brackets turned up today (as I've been running the car without them at present) and also a greddy badge for my inlet manifold:

Will fit once cars back from mappers