What's new

Another JDM Spec R build up

Reaction score
Last night i did the walbro fuel pump which really couldnt be any easier to fit, it seems to be a direct high flowing replacement for the stock pump.

Then i got started and finished a fairly stealthy install of the hks evc s.

Next up will be the fmic and bov :)

Reaction score

Oh and i also bought motul and redline oils to change the engine oil when i do the moroso sump extension and i figured the gearbox is about due. Havent used redline shockproof before hopefully its alright.

S

skip2mylou

verry nice and lovly built car! It´s verry impressiv in witch short time you build this car!
Waiting for news ;)

Reaction score
Tonight i fitted the GFB respons direct replacement bov, this kit was so painless and easy to install which was again great. It makes the price of alot of these parts worth it when they fit right the first time :)

I also took the time to paint the arc turnflow intercooler kit in a new coat of high temp ceramic semi gloss black. This is just to tidy up the piping a bit as i purchased this kit second hand, and also to stealth the intercooler away nicely. I have thought about spraying arc back in the cooler in white....

Still need to fit that sump, its my birthday tomorrow so i called it an early one and had a few drinks with a mate

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
This is shaping up to be a really nice build - fair play to you :)

Reaction score
Ok so i got off my ass and did the arc cooler this arvo/tonight. Took a fair few hours mainly becausd i had to stuff around making the cooler fit up nicely. Luckily ive just started the third year of my apprenticeship and have the tools and skill to do it, otherwise id have been a bit pissed off. Google found others having to make it fit as well.

Car seems to make a bit more power, still running with boost controller off, need to do the z32 afm and nistune ecu next. Then find some money for tuning and take it to gt auto garage in brisbane for the tune :)

Reaction score
Did the sump after work today, the moroso kit comes with studs and a set of nuts which replace the factory bolts. I used a bit of loctite on them as well.

Was a bit of a bitch to fit, should have done a dry test fit before i put the toyota black sump sealant on the sump. I have left the car overnight to dry hopefully no oil leaks when i put the motul oil in in the morning.

Reaction score
Clearance on the sump is good, it sits marginally lower than the stock one 5-10mm maximum. Most of the capacity increase is horizontal or added to the sides with the one way doors. I dont think ill need a bash plate.

Trimmed the standard undertray to fit back on with the turnflow ic piping running under the cooler. Thought i was going to need to trim around the sump but it ended up fitting no problem. Still thinking about painting the sump black :)

Still have tomei ras to fit, not sure how great they are but i cant see them hurting anything.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and bought some new tyres today, the old ones were on the wear indicators :( Decided to try the kumho ku36 after hearing alot of good things about them. Id have liked to get some wider wheels with this round of tyres but ill leave tht for down the track sometime, i need to keep reminding myself its meant to be my street car.

Reaction score
My dads mate does all our paint and panel work. He was doing a few jobs today and started the repair on my front bar. It was cracked from the previos owner and i had given it a few touch ups myself, just little ones but still annoying.

Progress pic

Reaction score
The new fuel tank for my track car arrived last friday. Its from a R32 skyline gtr, and is plastic. The metal one that was standard in my gtst has rusted out so a plastic one should fix that. I did price up a fuel cell but i have dreams of gettin it registered again one day.

Turned up in great condition and complete with everything i should need for the conversion. Got to love that! Plus ill get a weight saving with the plastic tank, which ill need yo make up for my lack of talent haha :)

Reaction score
Did the fuel tank swap on the skyline after work tonight, was fairly painless to do. Decided to use the gtr fuel pump as a lift pump to the surge tank that has a bosch 044 feeding from it. Fuel lines meet up perfectly and provided you use gtr straps fits well. Filler neck comes through in the standard location and seals well. All that is left is to wire it up, ill post pics even though i guess alot of places cant get the r32 skyline.