What's new

Anti roll bar thickness of different makes

Reaction score
Hello, sorry didn't search very well as I'm sure its been covered but:

1. What are the standard front and rear anti roll bar (aka thickness's / size) diameter in mm please?
2. What are whiteline
3. and any other makes?
4. Are S15 the same as S14?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
can't comment on size, but I've got some Apex ARB's and they have been spot on. Pretty sure S14 and S15 are different.

Ultra Racing do some as well if you want another make, oh and Goodspeed is another one.

Reaction score
Country
I run the godspeed arb's on my 14a and I think they are fantastic (I'm not normally a fan of godspeed items so this was a surprise) They don't have the adjustability of the whiteline arb's but then I've never found the need for them to be plus the whitelinbe arms go rusty really quickly and will require powder coating to keep looking their best.

Reaction score
Country
Arc do a serious adjustable arb and rose jointed links mate has both front and rear on his ae86 they are made for a bodies to see the arb coming up in auctions but without the links

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Another vote for Godspeed, they were really well priced and pound for pound probably made the biggest difference of any modification I did - after fitting them the car was FLAT!!!

Reaction score
Would anyone be able to quickly measure their S15 rear anti roll bar (and front too would be added bonus)... Wondering if they're the same as the S14a - and mines at my other work address right now :)

Wondering if the S15 was upgraded over the S14 - which seems likley... Then the old S15 R-ARB I have won't go to waste ;)

Reaction score
I've left the standard front ARB in place so I now have an Ultra Racing Front ARB for sale in the parts section (as I bought a pair)

Reaction score
Country
I checked the front one on my Spec S and it's 26.5mm. Mine had 15s standard, I know ones which were specced with 16s had different bars, presumably the same as Spec-r?

Reaction score
I checked the front one on my Spec S and it's 26.5mm. Mine had 15s standard, I know ones which were specced with 16s had different bars, presumably the same as Spec-r?
Interesting yep. So the Spec S is same as S14 at ~27mm which makes sense. The Spec R (16" wheels you mean?) are different?

Reaction score
I'm running the adjustable Whiteline front 27mm and rear 22mm but I have 3 adjustments on the front and 2 on the rear. I find them much better then the non adjustable as I can balance the car better.

Cusco, do a 30mm for the front and a 21mm for the rear non adjustable

Reaction score
Country
So you can't put any upgraded S14 ARB's on a S15?
I am looking for ARB's as well since my car just rolls over when I go fast at a round about.
I actually hear my car scraping as I am turning so this must be solved very soon haha.

Reaction score
Country
There are subtle differences in most areas though, I have found this out putting an S14 motor in, soooooooo much stuff is incompatible.

Anyway, something is badly going wrong with that car if it rolls so much it hits the ground. That shouldn't be possible even with the soggiest suspension going.

Reaction score
Country
There are subtle differences in most areas though, I have found this out putting an S14 motor in, soooooooo much stuff is incompatible.

Anyway, something is badly going wrong with that car if it rolls so much it hits the ground. That shouldn't be possible even with the soggiest suspension going.
Well this is a WTF moment......

you did like...... actually put shocks and springs in... and things like put wheels on.... the ARB are bolted to the sub frame and the lower control arms??????

chuck a photo up on your underside suspension front and rear, (high res photo) ive got to see this

Reaction score
There are subtle differences in most areas though, I have found this out putting an S14 motor in, soooooooo much stuff is incompatible
I have had both cars and apart from things like coils, EGR, smaller 370cc on the S14, thinner IC and a bush bearing T28 compaired to the ball bearing in the S15, all the head, block and induction are the same..