What's new

Anyone else a bit.. worried?

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
lol i know this isnt a topic thats liked spoken about on the OC however i feel like bringing it up, as im not that worried.

s15's are dropping in price.. big time! Only just the other day i found one for around 8grand OTR. Couldnt believe it. s14's are going way way up and s15's are becoming far more commen. I have heard from my contacts in Nippon that s15's aint wanting to be sold in Japan now, people there are trying hard to hold on to them, so i can shortly see i MASSIVE decline in s15's being exported. So with thus logic would presume the price should start to creep up again in general. However, it does boil down to the old saying.. "Its only worth as much as somone's willing to pay"

I mean i was in a local garage the other week to get some tyres fitted to find they had posters up of s15's..... this time last year I didnt know what an s15 was, let along some random garage in the middle of no-where...

It can be taken in a good way or bad way.. good if your not planning on selling up shortly (Like me) but bad in the way there becoming more and more commen, and just now i like that fact there so rare. (This can be good for spares tho :p )

I love the stares hehe. And with a few of the more known members on here parting up with their 15's i couldnt help but make a thread.

What you guys think? I know its ALWAYS a case of loosing money with cars.. you never win, its as simple as that. However i just wonder when it comes to it.... how much am i going to loose :wack: haha

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i've still never seen another unless i've gone to a meet or show. as long as they are that rare, ill be happy:D

S

StarletRick

the only reason the prices are falling now is the credit crunch. people want rid of the performance cars in place of the little 1.2 town runners.

itll even out ^^

i hope.

Reaction score
i've still never seen another unless i've gone to a meet or show. as long as they are that rare, ill be happy:D
Thats the only other place I have seen an S15, although there is one about 15miles down the M55 from me.TonyS15 is in Preston dont know how many more are up north?

P

Pazz

The ones that go for cheap prices are usually cheap for a reason.

At the end of the day finding a grade 4 S15 Spec-R Manual in Japan is rare, let alone in the UK or elsewhere.

And I believe the demand for these cars (just like the S14/a) will take a while to drip through. The average Joe Bloggs doesnt even know what an S15 is. So selling one isnt going to be easy.

What doesnt help is the fact that they werent exactly available for a very long time in Japan. But magazine features, movie roles etc all help the demand and thus the prices.

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the only reason the prices are falling now is the credit crunch. people want rid of the performance cars in place of the little 1.2 town runners.

itll even out ^^

i hope.
i can understand that, i just bought a saxo 1.1 so that i can keep the silvia for best, by the end of the year what i'll have saved in running costs/wear and tear on the silvia will probably have paid for the runaround. no way i'd swap the s15 for a frugal runaround though.........

Reaction score
Country
Remember the new inport laws coming into effect next may well put a complete stop to S15's being imported if they dont comply to all the new rules as it will probably include some kind of emission requirement, new model reports etc. That will only make them rarer.

As for prices, you will see all sports cars dropping in price due to the credit crunch and high fuel costs. Some cars have literally become worthless as they have poor fuel consumption, in the higher tax brackets and were sh1t to begin with (some Vauxhalls etc) so i wouldnt worry.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
its not that the price is droping but its the credit crunch as they say mines at this price as i need it gone becasue of i have plans on moving back to hong kong so i have to drop it a bit to get intred for it to sell a little quick but thats doesnt even help now,

cuz its not the price atm its ppl just dont have the money and i know that.....iam in the food business and i cant tell the demand has lowered and buisness has droped about 1k a week and for a small business thats a lot.....

nothings going right this yr if u look at the stocks its just totally and utterly crap atm with banks and businesses going bankrupt.....

Reaction score
Country
Economies always go one way then the other, it was impossible to sustain the growth we had been experiencing for the past 5 years so it was only natural it was going to drop at some point. It will recover and then everything will be on the up again as consumer confidence and spending increases.

What the country needs at the moment is strong leadership (which its severly lacking imo) with a focus and strong sense of direction on how to soften the downturn for as many people as possible for the next 2-4 years.

Reaction score
Good for me as i'm in the market to buy a S15 :), and yeah I saw that one for sale at 8k :), i'm in a pretty good position as my pre2k1 Lexus IS is fairly highly sought after especially as it only has 60k miles on it and people are grabbing them due to the tax hike on the post 2k1 models which mine is exempt from. Had a quote from a company offering £4k on part/ex on a S15 but I know these are worth quite a bit more on a private sell. :D

Reaction score
guess mine would be one of the more known ones to have been sold recently, along with nicely's......

Reason for me selling mine had nothing really to do with worrying about prices dropping or falling. nothing to do with running costs, tax, fuel or insurance.....

it was all due to the fact that i just wasn't using it enough to warrant keeping it. In the 2 'n' a bit years of owning, i did just less than 8000 miles in it. so then i just decided that i could use the money better else where, on the likes of a house etc. Not once did i ever regret buying the car!!!!

Reaction score
not really... never no near misses.

90 down a slip road and the back came away in the wet.... but let off, and it collects itself extremely quickly.

guess they best advice you could ever have is learn the car!!!!! they are 250bhp+ of RWD car with only the oldest form of traction control,..... the driver! being sensible in the wet will see you with happy motoring days. they're slow cars in the wet... a civic will see one off in the wet! HAHA but in the dry... my god they're fun! :D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well u will have a little but most of the time the car is very well controlled and behaves as u keep it.....

but keeping it in good nick is another...with the many S15 in the market now finding a good one is very hard,

u will for sure find some cheap ones but as most ppl say u get what bu pay for......

with econ going down hill is is pulling the prices of cars hse etc down making ppl tight with there money...

thats why even iam open to offers on mine... ive even had to take out new insurance on it again to keep it safe...

Reaction score
You know I would take yours off you ming it's just that I have to shift my IS first lol, and I can't see me being able to stump up a extra 4-6k ontop of my car sale :(

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well iam open to offers if u have time pop round ive got insurance on it now so i can take u out for a good spin in it and show you why you should buy it hehe...:D
i took it out last nite as it was my day off and even the gf was oh thats a bit fast hahah...maybe she is used to her 1.6 auto mini cooper hehe

Reaction score
haha yeah sounds good ming, like i say I have a week off 1 after next so we will sort something out for then :)

D

daniel83

Here in Sweden the prices are the same. But when I look how mutch they cost in the Uk and compare it too how mutch they cost in Sweden. It´s just terrifying. The difference are too big.
But If the prices are going too climb then there is no need to woory.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Daz, thats a poor excuse for selling up, i've had mine for 3 years and done around 13k, but still love it to bits, and when a nice day comes along, nothing i like more than opening the garage to see whats inside!!! :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Well, I did nearly 60k miles in three years in mine, but it was a combination of reasons why I sold - none of which were the prevailing economic conditions. FFS, I kept the 22mpg gas-guzzler... :wack: