What's new

anyone had issues with S15 HID in relation to their highbeam

S

S1Five

if you read my post i was refering to the actual 'watt' of the ballast/bulbs im not sure but this is what my friend told me who sold me the MTEC ones

yes in terms of road signage reading the 6000K is brighter like that but the actual light that is projected onto the ground isnt as bright

S

S1Five

o wtf are u sure about that? hmm maybe i should look at my old HID box and see

same car S15

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah. All HID bulbs should be 35W :nod:

Odd. I'd have expected to notice the clarity and brightness between the 8000k and 6000k in the same car... :confused:

G

gunner93

Revived :

Which will be the best location in the S15 bay to mount the HID ballast to avoid water / moisture / splashing?

A

auxoura

majority of the ballast now can submerge in water for a period of time as compared to those 'previous generations' and they cost the same price.

the one im using is only less than RM400 i think. If you are interested I can pass you my friends contact.

G

gunner93

Revived again :

Guys, any idea whats the color temp of factory HIDs? The Lexus, Camrys & Beemers looks sparkling clear compared to the factory S15 HIDs - or is it my eyes playing tricks on me.

Reaction score
Country
AFAIK all factory HIDs are 4300K temp as they are the brightest. The diff between yours and the beemers are the design in the projector itself. Lexus/beemers/audis all look white because their projector is so well design that their cutoff is perfect thus making it look slightly white/blueish at certain angles. Projectors from the s15/evo sadly doesnt do this so when you turn it on, it will be whiteish but once the hid heats up, it turns to yellow

P

Pazz

Dunno, my factory HID's are a clear white. They have the HID wide angle spread and reflect from sign posts well. But yes mercedes/bmw/audi I think seem to be slightly bluer.

G

gunner93

Indeed Ichi... After comparing mine with two of my friend's factory fitted HID parking side-by-side, I said that's it! The halogens got to go! LOL!

P

Pazz

Arent HID bulbs expensive?

Are you sure its not your side lights that are just not as bright? Is this what youa re saying with "The Halogens" gunner93?

G

gunner93

Arent HID bulbs expensive?

Are you sure its not your side lights that are just not as bright? Is this what youa re saying with "The Halogens" gunner93?
Ichi,

Mine non-HID.

HeL1x,

Its the lo H1 projected lights which are still on halogens. HIDs are cheap now I can say. We can get it for about equavalent GBP50. The decent one GBP100++ and the branded ones GBP250 and above. :D

S

sillbeers15

I'm looking into HID conversion, I've explored buying stock HID headlamps and wire harness as a complete set. But I still have many unsolved questions in my head looking at the Nissan HID harness as it recommends a 30A fuse located at my current 30A radiator cooling fan fuse location with a 15A fuse in location 41 or 42 (one of the stock non HID headlamp fuse location).

Now the stock Non HID headlamp works by getting all power from the battery through 15A fuses (two routes, left and right bank). Under low beam, it powers the helogens via no relay. When the high beam gets switched on, one bank of high beam also activates a relay to continue supply electricity to the low beams.

That is why Nicely says there is a reignite of low beams issue when high beams are activated if aftermarket HIDs are installed w/o altering the non HID headlamp circuit.

I need to understand if the stock HIDs support only low beams?

Does the aftermarket HIDs installation support high beams?

If I understand the stock HID harness correctly, a seperate 40A relay supports all low beam HID operation with or without high beam turned on if the high beams are non HID. Or are the high beams HID as well.

By the way, the stock HID harness, 2 HID headlamps together will cost 10 sets of Philips 6000k HID conversion kit!

I'm keen in Cookie's harness and relay kit with a Philips Conversion kit as I have so many questions in hooking up the relays and fuses in the fusebox. Most of all, I'm ot keen to share the same 30A fuse supply that powers my 2 electric cooling fans with a not so important HID setup!

Btw, what is the switch located beside the ignition key switch that comes with factory fitted HID cars? headlamp height adjustment switch?

P

Pazz

Btw, what is the switch located beside the ignition key switch that comes with factory fitted HID cars? headlamp height adjustment switch?
Yes silbeers15, it is headlamp height adjustment. Shown here from someone else's car (switch on the right):