What's new

boost gauge problem

Reaction score
Country
Need help as i have no idea what is wrong...
was out in the car today and noticed the gauge was reading 0 boost all the time... anyone any idea what could be wrong
i can't search the forum because my PC won't let me

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
the pipe going to the solenoid split.. should have checked that first but didn't think of it.

Reaction score
Country
ive got an intermittent problem with my boost gauge.. every now and then after a bit of hard driving the needle seems to stick at -7 and will only reset by turning the engine off, and ignition back on. strange..

any ideas?

Reaction score
ive got an intermittent problem with my boost gauge.. every now and then after a bit of hard driving the needle seems to stick at -7 and will only reset by turning the engine off, and ignition back on. strange..

any ideas?
I have a similar intermitent problem, but mine happens if your just on a poodle about as well, the gauge will go all the way round to the top, then back down to -7 and wont move till the ignition is turned off and on.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^ yeah mine did that... the needle would go to the top and then back down to bottom and not move after that as if it was dead!!

I couldn't be arsed to rip the stock item apart to investigate and facied a Defi upgrade anyways so fitted a 60mm BF boost gauge on the dash. Looks miles better and it's more accurate :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if anyones keen to keep the stock gauge i have that, the sensor and the bracket i can sell for 30-00 delivered the lot :)

John-

Reaction score
Country
Had the latter problem a while back and if anyone searches this again, it's a simple fix, open the unit located on the drivers side front strut, and re-solder the dry connections I think there were four. (Larger soldered sections)

Reaction score
Had the latter problem a while back and if anyone searches this again, it's a simple fix, open the unit located on the drivers side front strut, and re-solder the dry connections I think there were four. (Larger soldered sections)
You're the man! Thanks a lot!