What's new

Busy day today

B

Bry

Today I managed to underseal the car (was in amazing condition underneath) change the diff and gearbox oil,fit the metal subframe collars, fit new fuel filter and Walbro fuel pump,re-gas the aircon and whilst I had the time listened to the tapping I get sometimes on start up with stethescopes and confimed it's the VVT sprocket (noise comes from the very front of the engine).The metal collars have made the car turn in much better and as a result now drifts very nicely :cool: with only a tiny bit of increased noise inside the cabin.
Next jobs will be coolant change/brake fluid change,aux belts and then the fun stuff can start :D I'll start with adding a front pipe and de-cat to my Nismo system,then I'll fit some decent ARB's,should be close to my birthday then (august) so I'll ask the missus for a front mount I/C :D
I could go on but you guys get the picture :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Didnt take long to get going that :) What did you use to underseal the car?

Mine has an underseal, which doesnt even diserve that name. I'll be changing suspension soon so thought while i had it up i'd do the arches and parts that are missed under the car, but not sure what to use?

J

Jono

Someone mentioned to me (in the pub :rolleyes: ) that you can get a very light silicone based underseal... anyone know what this is? I'd be interested in trying it if it's any good.

B

Bry

Didnt take long to get going that :) What did you use to underseal the car?

Mine has an underseal, which doesnt even diserve that name. I'll be changing suspension soon so thought while i had it up i'd do the arches and parts that are missed under the car, but not sure what to use?
I'm very lucky as a very good friend of mine works for Toyota,so all the work I do on my car is at Toyota's.The underseal was toyota's factory underseal and we used two large tins of it sprayed on with the air gun.It was shocking to see how little underseal Nissan put on these cars,it was also amazing to see the condition of the underneath of my car,it looks as though it's been wrapped in clingfilm for most of its life :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
What all did you spray? Everything? I.e. just point, close your eyes and fire :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ok, reason i'm asking is i'm looking to do this shortly, Anyone any idea if you can get stuff that paints on, and if so what its called?

B

Bry

You can get Waxoyl underseal in large tins that can be hand brushed on.Halfrauds sell it :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've heard about that stuff, think my dad's car has it on. I'll have a look in Halfrauds, cheers :thumbs:

P

Paddy mack

there is a tar like paint as well i know a few guys who put is on their AE86 corolla's its really thick i don't know how good it is. as there cars are for fun and general abusing so they don't give a ****