What's new

car will not start! help!

Reaction score
Country
this happened for no reason....

literally pulled up onto my drive, turned the car off tried to start it 5mins later and nothing.
there looks to be no power going to my power fc (the commander has no power) and the fuel pump doesnt prime when you turn the ignition on.

you can turn the engine over but it wont fire up at all.
ive checked all the fuses and there all fine. i thought id check the wiring loom and that is fine as the wheel is no where near it.

does anyone have any ideas of what i can check?

thanks

Reaction score
Country
When i had a similar thing happen to me turned out to be the immobiliser was fooked id test this first if i where you?? Cost me a new alarm system:furious:

Reaction score
Country
when mine did it the immobilizer would not disengage therefor it would turnover but not start and because its part of the alarm had to replace the lot :eek::confused:

Reaction score
Country
what about the ignition connector that hangs near the exhaust manifold? if thats melted then that'll explain it turning but not starting..

Reaction score
Country
quick update with good news!

had a autoelectriction out today. there was power going to the ecu but there was a break in one of the signal wires so the ecu was basically not being told to turn on.

it was the smallest of breaks behind the dash so pretty chuffed he sorted it :)

rudd-o

Reaction score
after long period just happend this to me yesterday.. cranks but no fuel pump.. so either my toad fkked up or a cable issue... :/ im gonna test it tomorrow.

Reaction score
Country
pleased to here its all sorted jibs and hope yours is a simple fix aswel rudd never nice to have running problems with a car

rudd-o

Reaction score
checked every fuse and relay everything working . But fuel pump not priming (not receiving singal from ecu ? dead ecu ?) When i turn on no engine check light also consult software hangs when i try to read the ECU .. :/

rudd-o

Reaction score
*** UPDATE *** After long time of testing every accessible part/component (except behind dash) i found that if i ground the Red/Black wire/pin of ECCM which is behind the ECU on ECU Relay the ECU turns on and my fuel pump is priming . if i swich off without ground that wire the ecu doesnt power on (eccm relay stays open) . Im gonna test ignition barrel and Toad tomorrow and ill update if i find something.