What's new

Clutch Fluid - What is Recommended?

Reaction score
Country
Going to be changing my Clutch Master Cylinder Fluid as it's a little Black, and at the same time i will be installing a one piece HEL clutch line to remove the clutch damper unit. (will do a 'How To' on this)

What fluid is recommended for using in our S15's??

Reaction score
Country
I had the service manual open right at this moment and it says "Recommended fluid is brake fluid 'DOT 3'" under "clutch"

Seems pretty stndard?

Reaction score
Country
:thumbs: Cheers mate. Does it list how much oil it takes? cant be much, i may have enough MOTUL RBF600 left from my last brake fluid change.

Motul Blurb:

Motul RBF600 Factory Line brake fluid is a 100% synthetic brake fluid particularly suitable for the demands of racing and for those requiring a high performance brake fluid.

This high performance DOT 4 brake fluid is particularly suitable for race applications and exceeds the DOT 5.1 and DOT 3 standards, except for viscosity at - 40°C (-40°F).

Reaction score
Country
Didn't say how much.

DOT 4 should be fine I reckon. Especially since the clutch master is right behind the engine

Reaction score
Country
any dot 3 or higher will be fine, you dont really need to give a monkeys arse about boiling points with clutch fluid........ hell choose a fluid based on what color you want to see in the little tank.. just ensure you clean it out fully, pull the whole master and slave apart and clean them fully, and bypass the dampening bleed loop underneath and just run the braided line from the master to the clutch you will get very accurate clutch feel