What's new

Clutch recommendations please...

Reaction score
Country
I'm planning on getting the S15 up to stage 3a by this time next year, and am wondering about uprated clutches that are man enough for 350bhp-ish, it's for a 5-speed manual.

I'd appreciate it if any of you fine folk could provide me with a few options of what's available, don't want to go spending silly money or buy cheap ebay tat if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Parky

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Ni have an exedy super single on mine. Its a bit on off but its never slipped once.

Iv heard that they can cause end play in on the crank but i havnt been able to inspect mine yet.

Reaction score
Country
Cool, I don't want to have to worry about play at the crank or anything like that, just one I can bolt in and forget about knowing I can rely on it.
Will most likely go for what Chris said, happy to listen to any more recommendations though.

Reaction score
Country
If you are planning to drift then a paddle clutch would be better although they are pretty annoying on the road. If you plan on going much over 400bhp then you may need a proper plated clutch but these are proper money.

Nismo super copper mix clutches are meant to be good but not sure on the power rating.

Reaction score
Country
No plans to skid mine bud, and doubt ill take it over 350-360. Don want to be constantly chasing numbers.... Although a year down the line remind me of this post hah

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Get on to the japanese performance dudes on facebook. They may have a used clitch in stock. Hks, nismo and os giken are all awesome clutches.