What's new

clutchs

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
ok so my clutch is starting to slip so I'll be needing a new one. wat do u guys reccommend? don't wana go mad money and wana stay with a single plate clutch. were is best to buy?

J

j0nbubz

exedy heavy duty organic with lightened fly =)

There's also another 'clutch' thread which has been active for the last couple of weeks.. have a look in Mechanical

Reaction score
do u need to cajnge ur fly or just bung a new clutch in?Just got an exedy organic there but haven't fitted it yet!

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
not sure til I get it looked at although my dad was saying he thinks it might just be the fly cause Jono just put a new clucth in it not long before he sold it & it was in perfect condition when we had the box off 3 months ago. car has done bout 11K miles sine tho :D

I've been told all the SR20's use the same size clutch so even tho the S15 has a 6spd it is the same.
Who to buy from & wat monies are we talkin? I have found a company through ebay called Gripforce clutches from USA. A lad told me bout them. They do cheap clutch & flys and their supposed to be very gud. He bought a F1 racing clutch & Fidanza fly from them for his DC5. gud value to. ?69+postage for a stage 3 F1 racing clutch rated at : 389 HP / Torque Capacity: 363 ft/lbs
At that money u can't go to wrong. heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=150184786655&rd=1

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
?69 :eek: you sure thats not made of chocolate :wack:

i was going to say give us a call, as we can get you a clutch.
however i had to price one for s15 at helix the other day,
and it was comming in at around ?700.
So theres no way we can get near your ?69 :no:

i think helix gave a different part number on s15 to s14,
but would have to check that to be sure.

P

Paddy

right mate... i rang murfit in finglas today but they don't have a listing on the flywheel for ya...

checked the nissan fast catalog, the fly wheel on the 15 looks to be model specific, even though the sr20 got into other cars :confused:

i dunno about this one... maybe a hks hypersingle plate clutch, i think it comes with a lightened flywheel.

Last edited:

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
right, My car broke down 50miles from home last night :cry: as the clutch give up the ghost & I had to wait almost 2hrs before my dad :notworthy: could come & tow me home. We reckon it is the flywheel that has gone but I'm replacing both the clutch & the fly. Last night I ordered an Orc Ogura 409 Super Single Silent Clutch & lightweight flywheel ( recommended to me by Ray :wave:) from RHD Japan. I also decided to order a little extra to cheer myself up ;) :D

Reaction score
Country
you can't go wrong with a Orc Ogura clutch there high quality stuff.
and also with RHDjapan you'll have it in no time.

get that gear box fix too... you gonna get it strenghtened while it is apart?

Reaction score
Country
it should be just the cir clip issue.

I've heard of standard box copping with 450bhp with no issues and with no cir clip strengthen done. but saying that alot have failed with less power. so better to sort it all out once in for all.

H

harald200

Exedy alternatives - kind clutch

I have had Exedy and I was not pleased, the people who sold it would not give an alternative. I am looking for a clutch in the realm of 320hp/425Nm, Priority is that is not to jerky, kind to the gearbox and quiet. I was thinking Nismo, can anyone vouch for them? I prefer Japanese, Ogura (ORC)?

It is a Spec-R BTW

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I would go ORC for quietness, as they have a damper.
Nismo are good but are abit noisey as they dont have a damper.

C

cloudandy

I'm using a OS giken clutch with flywheel, its making alot of noise going into first gear. Does anyone know if its normal?

C

cloudandy

im not sure but ill check, i took it to a local garage and they said some clutches are like that and the best is to spin the rear and start but its hard
for parking and queuing up.