What's new

Cool Tip for FMIC Piping

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Here's a tip my mate told me about today...

Our S15's have those razor like edges on the metal frame parts which most of us have FMIC piping going through. I tried using sticky pads but these were cut apart within weeks and over time, the hot or cold pipe can be cut apart pretty nastily if it's constantly rubbing :no:

So a trick solution is to get a small ID silicone vacuum hose (I used 6mm) and cut it down the length like your slitting it in half... then start feeding it around the sharp edge of the frame section and voila... protected FMIC piping!! :cool:

You can also use this method to dress up brake lines and protect other things lol :thumbs:

James

Reaction score
Good tip! My mate had exposed metal and over time as the FMIC piping was rubbing on it, it put a hole through it!

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Ive just used a piece of thick leather belt and wrapped it around the pipe.

I tried the hose method first but over time it just fell off, and its a right pain to get seated correctly, especially on the double skinned battery tray.

Reaction score
I got my stuff from kustompcs.co.uk

It's called blow hole tubing that they use to tidy up the edges of fan holes and windows for PCs. It's already cut and it fits perfectly and snug.

Curryzz

Reaction score
have to rememeber that, mine will be geting fitted next month, also anybody know where to get some beter clips cause the apex ones look crap, when there done up tight the thread sticks out really far and look rrrrrrrrrrrubish

Curryzz

Reaction score
Just a thought James,bit anal but you should put the join hidden behind the intercooler pipe so looks a bit nicer

Paul

Here's a tip my mate told me about today...

Our S15's have those razor like edges on the metal frame parts which most of us have FMIC piping going through. I tried using sticky pads but these were cut apart within weeks and over time, the hot or cold pipe can be cut apart pretty nastily if it's constantly rubbing :no:

So a trick solution is to get a small ID silicone vacuum hose (I used 6mm) and cut it down the length like your slitting it in half... then start feeding it around the sharp edge of the frame section and voila... protected FMIC piping!! :cool:

You can also use this method to dress up brake lines and protect other things lol :thumbs:

James

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just to note Paul - whichever clips/clamps you get for the FMIC make sure they are decent quality and hold tight! The Apex one are long and stick out like a sore thumb but they are decent quality and hold the pipes nice and tight. Boost leak is always a common issue with aftermarket FMIC when crap clamps come loose :wack:

Yeah know what you mean about the join lol... I will when I remember which will probably be in about 6 months time haha :D