What's new

do 2 way diffs make a clicking noise when turning corners....?

D

derwinmd

do 2 way diffs make a clicking noise when turning corners....?

D

derwinmd

cool, i just bought a 99 s15... its fully loaded with all sorts of aftermarket parts... the diff is making that clunking noise when turning corners at low speed, was hoping it was a 2 way... was a little bit worried and was hoping that it didn't need to be replaced....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
As above,is more a clunking noise but defo sounds like a 2 way,if it starts to annoy you try redline diff oil with friction modifier,gets rid of the clunking completely and does'nt affect the locking characteristics of the diff either...

subzero

Reaction score
hard to keep track how many cars you have .... did you sell the white s15 you had last year ?? you then had an s2000 ??

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
As above,is more a clunking noise but defo sounds like a 2 way,if it starts to annoy you try redline diff oil with friction modifier,gets rid of the clunking completely and does'nt affect the locking characteristics of the diff either...

Does it....? hmm may try it

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Apparently so mate,I have a nismo 2 way and is very loud,so was trying to find out if there wAs Any way to reduce the noise and came across a site in california and all the guys swear by it,gotta be worth a try ,itS only a tenner for the additive...

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Hmmm i have a cusco on mine. Its so funny when i pull off at the petrol station what with my twin plate clutch rattling as welll as diff clunk people look over like my car is going to fall apart lol! they have no idea :D

D

derwinmd

hard to keep track how many cars you have .... did you sell the white s15 you had last year ?? you then had an s2000 ??
Haha, thats right.. the s2k was so loud and low i had a constant headache driving it... but on an open road it was fast and alot of fun.. It was fully loaded with all sorts of parts and was capable 164mph....!

do you still have the wheels i sold yi...?

my new silvia is a little rough around the edges... i will post up some pics later.. theres a fibre glass vented bonnet on it im looking to get rid of for a standard bonnet so if yi know of anyone who'd like to do a swap drop me a line....

Last edited:
D

derwinmd

would that oil be easy to find or can you only buy it from the states....?

Sair

Reaction score
Country
hey i got the same problem how about the nismo competion oil 75w140 as it says in it manual "NISMO LSDs with a high initial torque setting (high lock ratio) will transmit a chattering noise through the drive wheels or differential when cornering on high-friction road surfaces. To help eliminate this noise and to prevent damage to the plates, please use NISMO COMPETITION OIL type 2189E(75W140) (Rear LSD use: part no. KLD75-RS411)"

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
I could be interested in the fibreglass bonnet.

Also you need to find out what diff you have. Tomei and kazz diffs. (Both the same) make alot if noise and dont like friction modifier. It wears them out.

I believe nismo diffs are ok with it though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sair

Reaction score
Country
i believe that clunking noise and wobbling in tight corners and low speed will only be eliminated by nismo oil, because nismo oil uses synthetic oil which enters easily in every clutches and plates
guys im also stuck in same problem and afraid of driving my car . i will get my nismo oil after 2 weeks and then i ll show the results