What's new

Evening all!

G

Gamble

Hello Folks!

Just joined after being a lurker for a while.

Bit about me....

Currently drive a 1.9cdti Astra, looking to get something different :nod:
I work for Nissan as a master tech, been working with them for just over 8 years (ill try be of help if req!)
Cousin had a S14a and i absolutely loved it, hence the S15 route.

thats all for now folks!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
welcome.

You wouldn't have any contacts to get either

1) The Jap service manual
or
2) Know where I can get OEM wiring loom connectors. Specifically for the mirror and window controls panels.

Reaction score
Country
welcome.

You wouldn't have any contacts to get either

1) The Jap service manual
or
2) Know where I can get OEM wiring loom connectors. Specifically for the mirror and window controls panels.
haha, straight in there!

Welcome mate, when are you looking at getting an S15? or are you just looking for information and seeing what you think first?

G

Gamble

Meddler : Do you mean an actual manual written in Japanese ? If so, sorry not something I could get.

The connectors, if you get me the connector number i could possibly get a price, but I know Nissan have stopped making separate connectors for a lot of cars no longer in production.

JaseYpk : I think I'm set on a S15, as i said my cousin had a S14a and i loved it. S15 is a nice upgrade to that.

Just in the middle of trying insurance estimates :confused:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
yeah, I had to try :p

The Japanese manual is very elusive. It should have a lot of things in it that the Aus manual doesn't have. Especially things like the sat nav and the digital climate control. But no one is able to put their hands on it. I had a mate who worked for Nissan Aus for a short time and he couldn't get any info at all on it.
As for the connector. I realise that most companies want to sell the whole loom. I only have the component ident of D6 (mirror control) and D7 (power window control). I can't actually find any part numbers for actual plugs. It would be good to find the company who makes the looms and buy from them directly, but I can't even get any infor on that.

Good luck with the insurance. There is a thread on here that some guys have given their insurer and the price they paid.