What's new

folding side mirrors

Reaction score
Hi guys

just wondering if the side mirrors are meant to automatically fold in and out when you turn off and on the ignition?? i can press the button to get them to fold in and out but was under the impression if you put the switch in the middle it may do it automatically?

G

GUEST_JDM

na they should do other wise it would have a on off switch not a 3 way switch, mine has been complied not sure if it originally did it or not, any one got an aus modle on here with folding mirrors maybe they can give some light on the situation

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
ADM models never came with folding mirrors. Not sure about the NZDM ones tho. Maybe one of the Kiwi boys could shed some light on this one.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
AU doesn't have it, NZ dunno, but JAP has a dealer option to get them folding with ignition :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
has anyone figured a relay arrangement to wire in and make the mirrors fold in when you lock/unlock doors on the fob? i did such a mod on my fto involving a little wiring and 2 cheap relays....

Reaction score
you can buy an OEM relay arrangement to make them fold in automatically when ignition turned off. :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Now all I need to find out is if the wiring is there on the ADM models and it is only a matter of fitting the mirror motors and switch. But knowing Nissan AU, they removed that wiring as well :(

G

GUEST_JDM

ive never taken off my door pannels before but couldnt u just change the switch feed, at the mirror switch to make it work i'll try that and let you know how i go, im thinking tho, that i could only make the mirrors come in when u turn the car off instead of manual tho if i change the feed around

Reaction score
My car has folding mirrors. I leave the switch in the right most position.
When the ignition is on they unfold.
They then stay open until I lock the car using the remote/alarm - not when the ignition turns off. If you lock the car with the key they do not fold.