What's new

Frount Mount Intercoolers

Reaction score
Do you think we could get a list of peoples front mount's that are known to fit with out any mods to much loved aero front bumper?

just to save reading all the previous posts etc :D

Reaction score
i've read about a HDI being done no problems... and a Autobahn88 one? and i think possibly even a blitz kit?

maybe just down to the person who is fitting it? if there isnt any others then at least i now know about the apex one haha

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
yep but that ones apparently not so good as the pipework is so long and the core is smaller. bit laggy i suppose....

Reaction score
I was reading a few posts on FMIC's the other day and I think Yakozan has fitted the Apex type 2 (or at least one of the FMIC's) to his and kept the fog lights on the aero bumper.... It may have been someone else but im pretty sure it has been done!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
the type 2 doesnt need any cutting but id go type 1 all the way:cool:

Reaction score
mines an apex type 1, an early one though before they added the boost nipple to the cold pipe (manufactured one myself)

some negotations with the angle of the 90 degree pipe on the drivers side, means you can sit the cooler a few mm lower than it would normally like. drill a new hole a bit below the bonnet catch area and you should just about clear the fog light housings!

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
:D i kept my fog lights when i had my FMIC fitted,
mines a Apex type 1.
bumper did have to have a little adjustment and it was time consuming
trial fitting on and off to keep the fogs,but i think it was worth it :nod:

The main effort was drilling the hole in the battery tray :annoyed:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
lost mine with the apex type 1 but i dont mind how it looks to be honest

gonna see how they look with some decent mesh though.:)

Reaction score
I had a FMIC on my Aero bumper with fogs still fitted too.

Got mine from a dude on ebay.

I've been looking at these as they look like good value for money, and apex dont seem to have a GB on at the moment. What are the like? just another version of the apex?

Thanks

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i cant knock the apex type 1 mate, good quality for the money, stainless pipework so no oxidation and quite easy to fit in a few hour session. the hose clips you get with it are very strong but look awful though lol

Reaction score
i cant knock the apex type 1 mate, good quality for the money, stainless pipework so no oxidation and quite easy to fit in a few hour session. the hose clips you get with it are very strong but look awful though lol

I thought they were good going from the good 'rep' they have on here. I would like to get the Apex type 1 and i'll probably wait untill theres another GB, I was just wondering if they are £140 better than the Ebay ones?

I would rather have a good quality one with stainless pipes than a bad quality one and have to buy another one, or atleast new pipes, again in a few months! then theres size and proven capability..... I think i have just talked myself into the Apex :p lol

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
during the group buys you can get them for 199 - thats what i did. on the other hand ive heard that the ebay autobahn 88 coolers are good too.....