What's new

Gav's (zero260) Spec-R

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
when fitting the wide front fenders mate, were the original arch liners still usable or did you have to get rid all together? i only ask as i'd like to eventually fit just front fenders (+25mm) and swap the front wheels to match the rears, but due to wanting to keep water out of the inner wings would like to know if the majority of it is still well covered? cheers.

Reaction score
when fitting the wide front fenders mate, were the original arch liners still usable or did you have to get rid all together? i only ask as i'd like to eventually fit just front fenders (+25mm) and swap the front wheels to match the rears, but due to wanting to keep water out of the inner wings would like to know if the majority of it is still well covered? cheers.
I haven't put them back in yet but I was intending on modifying them to fit as there will be a gap. When I went wide with my subaru I got hold of another set of arch liners, cut about 50-60mm off the outer edge and then bonded and rivoted it to the outer edge of the standard arch liner. I had to shape the new outer edge to follow the inner contour of the arch and it gave a really nice tight fit without the use of clips around that area to hold it in place.

I found it easier to get the shape by first putting in the standard arch liner and then rivot it round when it was in situ.

It takes a bit of playing around with but it works really well.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
sounds like a top idea mate - and now i know that new liners can be bought for about 20 quid each it's probably worth doing :)

Reaction score
No worries matey.

Its best to rivot it first and then put something like black sikaflex along the joining edge to seal it.

Reaction score
i'am obliged to repost somethhing for this car lol ^^

this car is LEGEND... WAIT FOR IT WAIT FOR IT... DARY!! LEGENDARY!

AWESOMEE

D

darkphoenix

I kind of want to make love to your car man...absoloutely gorgeous. What bgw is that may I ask?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
BGW - Big Gay Wing

As for making love to his car..... sicko :p

D

darkphoenix

what can i say, his car does it for me! i knew bgw stands for big gay wing but i'm interested in knowing what make that huge homersexual spoiler is

Reaction score
LOL.

Its a do-luck carbon wing from a supra but I made up some aluminium uprights and brackets to get the fixings and height just right.

Here is a better pic:

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
what can i say, his car does it for me! i knew bgw stands for big gay wing but i'm interested in knowing what make that huge homersexual spoiler is
just reread you post. sorry about the BGW.