What's new

GBP -> JPY Exchange Rate!

P

Pazz

I have just been pricing up a few bits for the S15 and noticed how poor the exchange rate is at the moment!

Taken from www.xe.com

1.00 GBP = 159.131 JPY

Just to put it in perspective...

A 1,700,000 JPY S15 in Japan will now cost you just over £2,000 more compared to the rate at the start of September of 1.00 GBP = 200 JPY.

So buy british! Or atleast S15's already in the UK! :D

Reaction score
I just got back from a month in japan today, and the exchange rate has been getting worse since the day i got there, 40000 yen was around £220 the first week and almost £300 by the last! Sucks!!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Noticed this too awhile ago.
I suspect that prices on fresh imports will go up in the next couple of months. If they don't, my best guess is that the cars will have lower standards compared to the usuall import.

Importing stuff from Japan right now needs to be thought over.
If I would import a car now, I would probobly buy from the UK instead. You can view the car and you'll have it straight away. :)

S

superbike81

Yeah, for those of us living here, it's really hitting us hard in the pockets. The yen rate has dropped by 38% (against the USD) since I got here in June of 07. :(

M

Matt_S

YAY! Maybe its good for those of us selling the cars in the UK already!

And also, with the still uncertainty over the ten year ESVA ruling thing, hopefully that will get mine gone sooner too.

Bad luck for those living in /going to Japan tho :(

Reaction score
Country
Blimey, it was up to 242 last year. When i brought my car in March it was 210, lucky i got it then!

The pound is dropping against everything...shame we dont have many exports!

S

StarletRick

it FECKING SUCKS at the moment.

everything is so expensive, ive had to temporarily stop importing things its getting so bad.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
ugh i think its best we ignore it :( I fly out there on the 4th of Jan and im not looking forward to spending MORE money in Super Autobacs with this exchange rate :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I hope the yen does drop in the near future as I probobly will be looking into importing another car next year. It's easier for me to import from Japan as I only need to collect the car from the docks in Gothenburg.

Ferry cost from the UK is strangely enough pretty close to the cost for RORO from Japan. And I would have to drive the car from denmark which makes the total freight cost pretty much on par with the freight cost from Japan :eek:

My mind is totally set on an EVO V now.. If I get one, two or three of my current cars sold this spring :)

P

Pazz

My mind is totally set on an EVO V now.. If I get one, two or three of my current cars sold this spring :)
Ahhh, a real winter beater. Be good for the snowy stuff up in Sweden!

I'm sensing something 4WD next as well, but unsure as to what. I dont wanna join the Scooby lot and evo's arent cheap for insurance over in the UK.

Which only leaves..... a GTR of some sort!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Naah you dont wanna go 4WD, Its just life support.. plus, EVO's are as common as Scooby's now.. its scary how many people own them now adays.

RWD > AWD Any day of the week!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ahhh, a real winter beater. Be good for the snowy stuff up in Sweden!

I'm sensing something 4WD next as well, but unsure as to what. I dont wanna join the Scooby lot and evo's arent cheap for insurance over in the UK.

Which only leaves..... a GTR of some sort!
yepp. if we only could get some snow. We usually only get a couple of weeks per year nowadays in Stockholm. But if you go a bit north there is usually more :)
We mostly get rain which turns into ice which makes the S15 equally fast as walking lol. They use alot of salt on the roads too which is why I don't use the S15 in the winter.

EVO 5s aren't very common here. 6 and up are though and EVO 3 too. Not as common as Scoobies. I think there are more S15s in the country compared to EVO 5s.

R32GTRs are getting very cheap now in the UK. lots for sale on gtr.co.uk för about £5k.

S

superbike81

we almost hit 100 to $1 US a few days ago, now it's back down to 95. :(

Hopefully it gets back to the 125 range it was a year and a half ago so I can pick up my new car next year for a decent price. :(

S

StarletRick

i want it to go back to the 265 is was a year or so ago, when the yahoo auctions used to tremble in fear and my purchasing power.

now i dont even look, as it makes me cry.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
you should see the Aus dollar against the $US or the JPY. :( You don't have to wonder why they call it the south pacific peso.

F

FRONTYARD

untill all this recession aint over their aint no hope for the pound against other currencies I exchange rate today was showing 144 jpy for 1 pound

S

StarletRick

japan went into recession yesterday, officially.

so fingers crossed it may help even out the exchange rate a bit!