What's new

help help help. . . . . . . .

S

stevo

it not a blown gasket sound just a higher pitched sound bit like super-charger and the heat shield is already off my car a see actuator clearly how do i check if its that, and does the intercooler ever break or just the piping

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The piping attached to the IC is the weak bit as its ali.

The initial sound from a leaking turbo gasket can often be a high pitched whistle. This will change into a quiet exhaust leak, then into full-on Massey Ferguson mode...

Sniffy: not heard of the turbo housing cracking. Doesn't mean it can't though...

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
i brought my car into a garage last week to get a leak in the water feed pipe to the turbo fix and they fixed that as the pipe was cracked but it still kept leeking and now there taking off the turbo to see if thats cracked.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It they replaced the cracked pipe with an original, its quite possible they nipped the banjo washer. This would cause it to leak. They are an absolute and utter PITA to fit. If changing one turbo pipe, you should really change the lot over to braided. They never crack and are a thousand times easier to fit. :)

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
rang them today to get an update the turbo is not cracked best news ever iw as a cracked pipe so the changing the to braided hopefully that will solve the problem and i will get my car back soon going nuts with out it!!

S

stevo

well folks bought hks actuator yesterday,haven fitted it yet b ut drove car couple of hundred yards it now only boosting a .1bar bearly boosting at all i meetin up with martin french on thurs he a irish drifter who know's sr20's and he bringing a s14 intercooler with him to use if mine is broken, wat else could it be boost keeps dropping...:(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If its boosting that low, its more likely to be a boost leak somewhere. Even with the wastegate fully open it should still creep up to around 0.4 bar...

A

Adam15

hey steve,,my car isnt boostin full .7bar eithier,,so your not the only one,,
.6 is the highest ill go,,well at the mo,,you fit hks actuator yet?

S

stevo

no buddy didn't fit it yet if intercooler is the problem ill not fit actuator till i get a manifold ya no....

att:Nicely-where do ya think i'd find a boost leak sorry i rubbish wit engines could it be the boost solenoid but then again the solenoid wasn't been used when bleed valve was on and still had this problem :cry::cry:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There's no way of knowing. You've got to work your way round all the boost hoses and pipe making sure all are clamped tightly and looking for any splits.

A

Adam15

stressful isnt the word,,mine went a bit mad last nite,,was boostin bou .6bar the vacuum was at 0,,so took it home and had a look,,it was the small hose from the boost gauge sensor to the t-piece joint down behind the battery, small little dude,,check that one out!

let us know how you get on......:thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
stressful isnt the word,,mine went a bit mad last nite,,was boostin bou .6bar the vacuum was at 0,,so took it home and had a look,,it was the small hose from the boost gauge sensor to the t-piece joint down behind the battery, small little dude,,check that one out!

let us know how you get on......:thumbs:
i was just about to type that :thumbs:
It's very common that this hose splits and voila.. Boost leak :)

S

stevo

car barely boosting at all no so i giving up and just going to fit actuator and see if thats it cause can't find any boost leak my heads done in :mad::mad:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
My car boosted to 0.5bar when i 1st got it, with FMIC,and cat back. Fitted an EBC and the problem went away, looks like it may have been a faulty boost soleniod.

S

stevo

My car boosted to 0.5bar when i 1st got it, with FMIC,and cat back. Fitted an EBC and the problem went away, looks like it may have been a faulty boost soleniod.

but this problem existed when i had manual boost controller fitted so the boost solenoid was being by passed ??????