What's new

Hi guys need some opinion

S

ShawnS15

Hi broz, i have been reading up forum from zilvia, FA, nissansilvia & silviaNZ i know alot of people choosing 2871.64 but there is some question i need to ask u.

i am looking for max 400WHP and maintain streetable driving & also responsive.

1, how much WHP 2871.64 can make? what 52 or 56 trim?

2, some people ask me to get GT3071r or hks2835pro

3, Internally gated or externally?

lastly which will u recommend? cause i am really confused.

please i really need some help.

Last edited:
S

ShawnS15

GT3071R - 700177-23 Ball Oil & Water
compressor53.1mm 71.0mm 56trim turbine 60.0mm 84trim .63 - hp300 - 460

GT2871R 472560-15 446179-67 Ball Oil & Water
compressor51.2mm 71.0mm 52trim 0.60 turbine53.8mm 76trim 0.64 Wastegated 280 - 460

which one is better for making up to my specs?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Hi & WTT S15OC.

Interesting first post :rotfl:

First off what exactly is a 2871.6 becasue to me its just a number...

Im guessing its some sort of turbo :confused:

And I think your basic question is what turbo do you need to be able to produce 400 BHP at the wheels?

P

Pazz

He means the GT2871R .64 A/R.

Either way think you definetly will have to go bigger to hit 400WHP. All the figures above you mention are just flywheel power figures.

Dude it sounds like you need to spend a little time on TurboByGarrett

And I hope you have a large wallet not just for the petrol bill.

IMHO 400WHP on the road is too much.

M

Matt_S

Yeh Id say have a rethink. THE GT RS (I have one on mine) wont give you any more than 330 RWHP flat out with a fully specced motor. My mates makes 386 @ 1.6 bar now. And its ideal. Spools real fast with 260 inlet/outlet tomei pro cams.

But if you want 400RWHP youre looking at a top mount unit. Another mate runs a fully specced motor with a GT35R and runs in excess of 450RWHP @2.2 bar. Thats just mental! Z32 box, R33 Auto diff final drive, 272 cams and that spools as well if not better than my GT RS on my stock motor!

Ill get you a full spec if you want one :thumbs:

Ill ask him what he would say would be a good compromise for 400 RWHP - power/spool/response when I speak to him this week :)

S

ShawnS15

Yeh Id say have a rethink. THE GT RS (I have one on mine) wont give you any more than 330 RWHP flat out with a fully specced motor. My mates makes 386 @ 1.6 bar now. And its ideal. Spools real fast with 260 inlet/outlet tomei pro cams.

But if you want 400RWHP youre looking at a top mount unit. Another mate runs a fully specced motor with a GT35R and runs in excess of 450RWHP @2.2 bar. Thats just mental! Z32 box, R33 Auto diff final drive, 272 cams and that spools as well if not better than my GT RS on my stock motor!

Ill get you a full spec if you want one :thumbs:

Ill ask him what he would say would be a good compromise for 400 RWHP - power/spool/response when I speak to him this week :)
1stly thx matt i hope u can help me ask...:nod::nod:

i have read alot from either turbobygarrett or other silvia forum.. alot of them said go for the gt2871.64 but i duno what trim they are talking about.
suddenly some said go for hks 2835r pro S from what i see from the website i see from HKS & GARRETT both HP range are around the same both end at 460HP.

btw will a 400whp wheelspin alot? on street? raining days?

S

ShawnS15

i re-asked my question hope you guys here can help me out.. i read alot already but it making me more confuse..haha..can u guys give me some pointers. i like it to be responsive,streetable and the hp ard 370-400 at wheels, daily driver, some drifting..i see alot of people recommend the GT2871.64.

gt2871.64 what trim will be better( HP range 280-460 from Garrett Web, am i right )
apexi powerfc d-jetro version (fixed in)
apexi avcr (fixed in)
tomei headgasket (fixed in)
tomei rocketarm (fixed in)
tomei 260 cams ( there are pon / procams, for this i am not too sure which to choose)
tomei 740cc inj (still choosing)

blitz FMIC (fixed in)
nismo lsd gt pro (fixed in)
splitfire igni coilpack (fixed in)
BLITZ SUS Power Intake (fixed in)
orc409d-02n super single clutch holding to 400ps (fixed in)
s14 5spd g/b (fixed in)
stock or custom manifold ( i have both ) (fixed in)
as for intake manifold (i dont know if it legal to fix in my place)
internal or external wastegate better (i know external hold better boost)

Last edited:
M

Matt_S

1stly thx matt i hope u can help me ask...:nod::nod:

i have read alot from either turbobygarrett or other silvia forum.. alot of them said go for the gt2871.64 but i duno what trim they are talking about.
suddenly some said go for hks 2835r pro S from what i see from the website i see from HKS & GARRETT both HP range are around the same both end at 460HP.

btw will a 400whp wheelspin alot? on street? raining days?
Well, the guy I was telling you about who has the 500+ fly motor used to run the GT2835R. ANother awesome turbo. Bottom mount too!
Made very good power. But he came to the comclusion that it wasnt what he wanted. Oh and that the first engine blow had fcuked it too - even tho it was still makign good power, the exh housing was cracked and had play on the core. SO he junked it and went for the GT35R.

THe 2835 would make the power you want tho. Add cams/pulleys and you should gain some response back. LIke I say, Ill ask him for you :thumbs:

M

Matt_S

i re-asked my question hope you guys here can help me out.. i read alot already but it making me more confuse..haha..can u guys give me some pointers. i like it to be responsive,streetable and the hp ard 370-400 at wheels, daily driver, some drifting..i see alot of people recommend the GT2871.64.

gt2871.64 what trim will be better( HP range 280-460 from Garrett Web, am i right )
apexi powerfc d-jetro version (fixed in)
apexi avcr (fixed in)
tomei headgasket (fixed in)
tomei rocketarm (fixed in)
tomei 260 cams ( there are pon / procams, for this i am not too sure which to choose)
tomei 740cc inj (still choosing)
blitz FMIC (fixed in)
nismo lsd gt pro (fixed in)
splitfire igni coilpack (fixed in)
BLITZ SUS Power Intake (fixed in)
orc409d-02n super single clutch holding to 400ps (fixed in)
s14 5spd g/b (fixed in)
stock or custom manifold ( i have both ) (fixed in)
as for intake manifold (i dont know if it legal to fix in my place)
internal or external wastegate better (i know external hold better boost)
DOnt go for Pon Cams. Theyre way too mild. Get a box sorted. Giken or Z32 conversion. Youll blow it up in no time!
GReddy manifolds are OK.
Top mount it, Ext gate :thumbs:

S

ShawnS15

Well, the guy I was telling you about who has the 500+ fly motor used to run the GT2835R. ANother awesome turbo. Bottom mount too!
Made very good power. But he came to the comclusion that it wasnt what he wanted. Oh and that the first engine blow had fcuked it too - even tho it was still makign good power, the exh housing was cracked and had play on the core. SO he junked it and went for the GT35R.

THe 2835 would make the power you want tho. Add cams/pulleys and you should gain some response back. LIke I say, Ill ask him for you :thumbs:
okie.. but will it be hard to drive as on street with such big power..

S

ShawnS15

DOnt go for Pon Cams. Theyre way too mild. Get a box sorted. Giken or Z32 conversion. Youll blow it up in no time!
GReddy manifolds are OK.
Top mount it, Ext gate :thumbs:
u mean get a better GB?
giken is way too ex.
i dont think in sg they know how to convert GB

M

Matt_S

LOL, I just re read your previous post. You can slip slide the car all over the place with std power in the wet, so doubling it? Errrrrrr, yeh right!

Mines a nightmare in the wet. Even lights up in 4th! :wack:

S

ShawnS15

LOL, I just re read your previous post. You can slip slide the car all over the place with std power in the wet, so doubling it? Errrrrrr, yeh right!

Mines a nightmare in the wet. Even lights up in 4th! :wack:
what do u mean by std?

what are your car spec? can i know?

S

ShawnS15

Go on SXOC and do a search for gearbox conversion.
yeah i somehow come across reading about conversion u have to cut the bellhousing something like that. but i mean in singapore i dont think the people here know how to do it. i afraid they will Fuk it up.. hahaha

M

Matt_S

OK, std is standard. :)

My car runs a HKS GT RS turbo plus the toys to make it run 350bhp.

Nippy :thumbs:

S

ShawnS15

OK, std is standard. :)

My car runs a HKS GT RS turbo plus the toys to make it run 350bhp.

Nippy :thumbs:

does it make a difference getting a hks gtrs or garrett2871.64 other than they have same spec.

btw matt. where r u from..

M

Matt_S

Garrett made them for HKS, and from what I can make out, they made the GT RS exclusively for HKS for like 5 years. Now theyve not got the exclusiveity, and released the 2871. I think the HKS still have slightly different exh housings tho. If mine shat itself, Id replace the core on its own :thumbs:

Im from Essex in the UK. You?

S

ShawnS15

personally for you. if you would get a turbo would u get the GTRS or 2871?

i am from singapore...

M

Matt_S

I dunno. If I could afford it I like the Kudos of the HKS ;)

THere's a few for sale new tho!

Maybe get one of them?

Singapore? Ahhh :wack:

Get on a plane then? LOL :D