What's new

Hks evc 6

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've been reading a lot of good things about the EVC6, but it it as good as its hyped up to be? Or will a cheaper alternative be just as good?

I really like the sound of how you can set the boost in relation to the TPS and wheel speed, but can this be done with other EBC's? Is it also worth buying the easywriter thing (£90) that allows tou to make the boost map on your laptop and upload it to the EBC.?

Cheers, Craig

:)

Reaction score
they're awesome lookin' bits of kit, had one for mine. Sadly never got to use it to full potential. HKS solenoids are said to be at the top end of the line for being stable etc.

i'm a firm believer in, get what you pay for. the greddy ones do the job, but they're just a plain ol' lo-hi boost controller.

Any thing you can plug a laptop in and program is just cool to me! :D haha

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
It's a great unit and is the most advanced one out there in terms of bost-controlling features. Blitz is well known to be the king but HKS has some very nifty features that can keep you busy for weeks tweaking and tuning, especially if you buy the laptop programming interface.

It's a two-horse race between BLITZ I-COLOR and HKS EVC6 - depends which features suit you best that will be the deciding factor(s) :)

PS: HKS has an ugly screen :p

Reaction score
Country
HKS just recently released the EVC-S boost EBC. I had read about it in the August issue of Drift Tengoku. I'm planning to buy a EBC in the next few months so I guess I've got some time to research on them both...

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Is that the one with the small screen?? If so, I think its been out for a while, but not sure though.

C

cougar power motorsport

yeah the evc-s is the small one andalot cheaper than the evc 6. Again it's doinga great job but it doesnt have the lot features of 6.