What's new

how to disable airbag.

P

Project S15

Hi, im entering D1NZ on this Saturday and just in case, i wanna disable airbag so in case of crashing, it dosent blow.
Is removing the airbag fuse good enough to disable it?
If I crash and if i wanna put fuse back in, do i need to check the sensors before putting the fuse back in?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Why would you take it out?? Do you have to as part of the regs??

I would have thought taking the fuse out would do the trick :thumbs:

P

Project S15

cuz in case of crash,,, they might blow :(
will help reducing the repair cost down :D

S

S15R

i dont think you can disable it, only way i know is to get aftermarket steering wheel with nismo boss kit

if you disconnect the airbag and connect the battery you will get the airbag light on the dash forever untill you bring the car to Nissan

Reaction score
So to jump in, but i have no passenger airbag and my airbag light is on. If i buy a replacement and plug it back in, do i still need to go tonissan to get the light turned off?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
This works on the S14. Worth a try

Within 7 seconds of turning the ignition on (position II) press the drivers door switch at least 5 times this puts you into the diag mode, the airbag light should flash in a series of long and short flashes, count the short ones.

0 All OK
2 Drivers airbag module circuit fault
7 Diag sensor fault
8 Passenger airbag module fault
9 More than 2 faults present

Then ignition off wait a few seconds then back on and within 7 seconds of turning the ignition on press the drivers door switch at least 5 times this puts you into user mode.

When you go back into user mode it will cancel any errors in the diagnostic unit memory and if the system is OK and it was just a glitch the light will stay out, if there really is a problem it will start flashing again.

Mine started flashing when my battery was low on charge, I think the low V screwed up the self diagnostics it runs when you start the car. I did the above and got "all OK" so reset it and it's been OK since.

All hail the Mighty Tech Manual
If that doesn't fix it, then yes, its a visit to Nissan as it'll need a Consult reset.

Reaction score
I just want to confirm that Nicely's method works if the ABS light starts flashing. Mine did when i disconnected it looking for the dash rattle.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I just want to confirm that Nicely's method works if the ABS light starts flashing. Mine did when i disconnected it looking for the dash rattle.
In my experience the ABS light should go off when you reconnect it. Don't have to reset anything.
You might have a problem with your ABS.

Reaction score
I disconnected it while the car was running!! I tried it again with the car off and it didnt do it so I doubt theres anything wrong with it.