What's new

J0RD4N's S15 Spec R

Reaction score
Country
Started removing most of my car today ready for the new radiator, intercooler and fan set :) this is how she looks so far.

Removed the slam Pannel and dropped it of at the powder coaters :) gave me massive access to the engine bay to remove the old parts and add the new ones. Really impressed with the quality of the Koyo Radiator!

Fitted the fan set and wired them up :)

Tomorrow I will remove the battery tray, cut the hole for the FMIC and fabricate a shiney plate to go around the pipe where it passes through where the battery should sit. Then I need to relocate the battery into the boot :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Had another go at the at today. Managed to get the slam Pannel back on and all the cutting done. Just got to work out how I am going to get the washer bottle back into place. Just the electrical side of things left to do now before I fit the intercooler and put the bumper back on.

Is it necessary to trim the bumper??? I have heard a few people say it is unnecessary???

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looking good mate,is it an ab88 ic you have? If so they should fit without cutting the bumper. Think also a lot of people change to a smaller washer bottle...good luck mate,I need to stop being lazy and fit my fmic just no incentive when its this cold lol

Reaction score
Country
Haha, yes it is an Autobahn one :) The only thing pushing me on is the fact im suppose to be going up to the Evo triangle on the 24th so i want it all back together before then. However if they are still gritting the roads by then she wont be leaving the garage :)

I was thinking of just putting the washer bottle in the boot. One less hole to cut when i come to make a shinny plate to fit in that corner :) Cant imagine its to hard?? Just a case of extending the cables and swapping the piping around, as there is a pipe going to the rear window anyway. Means i might have to buy a shinny washer bottle if people are going to be able to see it :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
You don't need to relocate the washer bottle mate, just turn it lengthways and make a couple of brackets to support it. Apex supply these with thier kit, I'll try and find a pic so you can see what I mean ;).

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I've looked through the 'archive' lol, can't find a pic, but I'll do a little line drawing and upload it mate, hopefully will explain it enough :)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
My ab88 kit arrived the other day, any chance you'll be doing a guide when your done! :p

Reaction score
Country
I can do, it's pritty straight forward tbh. Just have to be brave when you trim the chassis nose cones and drill a massive hole in the battery tray :)

Only spent an hour on the car today, got the intercooler fitted now, just waiting on some cable for the battery and the rest of my orange hoses :)

Reaction score
Country
All finished :) intercooler on, radiator in and twin fan set are working :) used Craig's method of wiring them in, utilising the original temperature sensor. When they do eventually come on they only stay on for a maximum of 10 seconds and that's enough. Took her out today for a good drive to test the new parts and I'm a pleased to report she is running brilliantly! Really happy with the way it has all turned out. Next mods are a Z32 MAF, bigger injectors, GT2871R, ECU and a map :)

Reaction score
Country
Not yet. I'm going to collect the parts over the next 6 months and do wht I have just done and fit them all at the same time. Got quite a bit to buy though :) Looking at the HKS F Con but I'm unsure if it is really necessary for the power I am looking for? My am is to achieve a reliable 330bhp and around the 310-320 ft/lb which is still a fair amount of poke but not more than a Nistune could handle?????

Reaction score
Country
Loving it mate, you fancy coming to fit my ab88? :thumbs:

Someone would have to pay me one hell of a lot beer and money to fit another one of these. Would have
being Easier if I was willing to trim my bumper, but I'm not so I had to drop the intercooler slightly using some spacers made from some stainless tube. Now the cooler sits flush with the bottom of the bumper and allows the fog light housings to pass over the top of the pipes :) is a tight fit though! Apart from that there not to bad, just a case of taking your time and rushing it :)

Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate!

I thought the Nistune was good for more than that? 300-330 is decent but spose its not nice to be limited for the future!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Don't forget about a brake upgrade too. Personally I'd do that before fitting bigger turbo etc.

Reaction score
Country
I was planning on a similar set up and was recommended the aem ems v2 unit by my local tuner, might be worth looking into.