What's new

Open Event: Japfest - 12th May 2012

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
As with all shows (unwritten rule), it's the clubs which have been going for years and are well known to the organisers that get the best spots i.e. in the case of Japfest it'll be Areas B & C - see below link to last year's layout:

http://www.japfest.co.uk/2011/05/09/check-out-this-years-club-layout/

I booked well in advance of the deadline last year for 30 odd cars on our Club JDM stand and we were put in Area F... about as far away as you can get lol :wack: But since you boys all have posh S15's they'll probably make an exception and get you closer ;) :p

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Well that doesn't instil me with confidence that we'll get a good spot! As we are technically a new club to japfest! But ah well that's not what this is about! (well maybe just alittle)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Well that doesn't instil me with confidence that we'll get a good spot! As we are technically a new club to japfest! But ah well that's not what this is about! (well maybe just alittle)
Sam - don't worry about it dude... seriously all areas get good coverage as pretty much everyone who attends will 'do the rounds' and it's all down to the cars :) Decent location is just a bonus!!

TBH it's more of a pain to someone like me to be further away from the paddock as I've got to get to/from the track sessions but it's no biggie as I'm used to this from previous shows...

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Added you jib :) A possible 2 more 15's now!

Just looked on their site, car stands are sold out as booking ended the end of March.

And as a nice touch everyone that bought an advanced ticket gets a free Japfest sticker, and everybody likes free stickers.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Just to check, as I've got my entry tickets and track time via SXOC, I am still down for are stand?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Just to check, as I've got my entry tickets and track time via SXOC, I am still down for are stand?
I've been updating the list at the front matey. I bought 35 tickets with 35 stand passes(one spare for mate!), 11 of those were passengers so in theory 11 spare passes few taken up now but your down on the list nice and early! :)

1. Mike +2 (S15) (PAID)
2. S15-Sam (S15) (PAID)
3. Pegliobaglio (S15) (PAID)
4. Craig8585 (M3/Almera) (PAID)
5. Vinnie (S15) (PAID)
6. J0R04N (S15) (PAID)
7. haz's S15R +1 (S15) (PAID)
8. Dani (S15_SAM Girlfriend) (Supra) (PAID)
9. Vinnie's brother (rx7) (PAID)
10. S15ollie +1 (s15) (PAID)
11. Lupix_S15 (s14) (PAID/other club-stand pass)
12. Simon King +1 (S15) (PAID)

13. Nickichi (S15)(PAID)
14. S15AK (S15) (PAID/sxoc-stand pass)
15. DeanS15+1 (S15)(PAID)
16.Teejay43+1 (S15)(PAID)
17. Matt+1 (R34GTT) (Sams friend)(PAID)
18. Matt(Mike's friend) (S15)(PAID)
19. AdamL+1 (S15)(PAID)
20. Marcus (S15)(PAID)
21. DanH+1 (S15)(PAID)
22. NICKO+1 (S15)(PAID)
23.Fruitbooter (S15)(PAID)
24.Dammsy+1 (S15) (PAID)
25. Als_jordan (S15) (Stand pass)
26. Mark's Subaru Legacy Saloon "Sleeper" (380bhp) (Stand pass)

27.Matthew (S15) (Stand pass)
28. Shane_o (S15) (Stand Pass)
29. jib136 (S15) (Stand Pass)
30. shifty (S15) (stand pass)

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Jib - won't be going past your way dude... I'm travelling down the M5 then M4 :wack:

Less than 5 weeks now... coming up FAST!!!!!!!!!! :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice one :) Yeah I'll see you there... early start for me. Leaving 5.00am :wack: :wack:

*ADVICE TO ALL*

Make sure you get to Coombe in good time as IIRC, last year we arrived in our large convoy around 8.30am and by then all the routes going in were RAMMED!!!

Think we were delayed a good 1.5 hours trying to get in
:(

Mike

Reaction score
Country
As James said need to make sure there bright and early! Damn this is getting close now!

Update!

Got home from work to find a letter, It looked like this... :eek:

I was worried we had a pilfering posty! But luckily contained this.

Started the envelopes to but ran out of ink! :)

The stand pass says GATE C AREA QL. I believe though alot of googling thats on Area E.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
proper looking forward to this :)

where do i go to get my stand pass and i havnt got a clue where to meet anyone :p im traveling from nn144tn though :)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hey jib look in the events section, in japfest final rendezvous/destination and convoy thread. I've put the details you need and a time.

Mike where is area E??
Also are you really going to send all the tickets out? That will cost you a fortune?!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Naaa not going to post the majority, the "plan" is the people that are going to the meeting point can be given them.

The people that definitely cannot make that I can post out to them. I will try to send a pm to all on the list at some point for people to confirm!

If you google Japfest stand diagram or similar comes up with a cartoon drawing, I think QL is in E just guessing though. Not in the paddock but hopefully won't be a bad spot. One search I found ended up on sxoc and they had QL the other year so don't think it's a terrible spot.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah your right mike! Area E is behind quarry corner, Well that's where gate C is and QL Could technically be anywhere there!

Wonder if its first come first serve? Or if the japfest staff have it sorted already? Maybe lupix can answer as he's a club regular!