What's new

Open Event: Japfest 2015 castle combe S15oc Stand

Reaction score
Country
So in recent years we have met prior to the event just outside castle combe due to me needing to hand out the car stand passes. Otherwise you can't get in! So so my aim was to meet at pets at home car park in chippenham at 6.30. Hand out the packs and then leave at 7. It could take up to 1 hour to get into castle combe, and all the cars need to be in by 9.30. So I will put details up this weekend of definite plans. But if your coming from far away please MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT THE MEETING POINT AT 6.30am. If you are 3 hours away leave at 3am! Etc etc. People always turn up late and it causes real hassle!
Would be great to know as early as poss, as coming from Leeds, and going to be staying the night over in a village south of C.Combe, have no idea of area, will need to try to prep this hahahaha. Prepping is not my Forte. Plus my mate who is coming is not an early bird... and is much bigger than me! so going to have to probably drag him in to the car early while he is still asleep.... This is going to be a similar operation to getting BA to Fly from the A-Team!looking forward to it now!

Reaction score
Country
I started my car up for the first time since the overhaul....and the oil feed line for the turbo has failed at the Union, so trying to get another braided pipe in time and then put it all back together. Also soldered my ebc to a permanent live instead of ignition live so bit of a fail with that too haha. So near yet so far! Still hoping to make it though chaps!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Ha ha. It never rains but it pours! Get your ass into gear peg and get the 15 on the road. :)

As for meeting on saturday the rendezvous will be at the following address:

Wickes/Pets@Home/B&M car park
Bumpers farm industrial estate
Chippenham
Wiltshire
SN146NQ

Heres a map of the location (ignore the birdlip in the search) :thumbs:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Can everybody attending please arrive at the meeting point at 6.30

where i will hand out stand passes, then we will head to the track at 7. (I'll be in a yellow S15)

I know this is early and some people are travelling a long way but i think traffic will be worse this year due to japfest being massive! This is a really big event so i don't want to take any chances of getting stuck in traffic.

Gates open to the public at 9.00am and you won't be allowed onto the stand if you arrive after this.

Please can everyone read the info from japfest on the previous page just incase i have missed anything.

My number is 07825683955, please contact me if you are going to be late etc.

See you all on saturday :D!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I may well be up travelling with someone else but I won't know until sometime in the week before as I have the week off leading up to the show to try and get one of my cars ready

Reaction score
Peg , **** that civic off for a bit and get the 15 working 🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha maybe . Silvia is tatty as fook though man. Haven't done anything to the paint etc that needs attention because I was waiting for my kit to arrive . Obviously wasn't expecting it to take as long as it has though! Only need a few bits to get her sorted really , cv boots for my gtr shafts as have torn the outers but haven't been able to source replacements as yet, battery and a decent service be good to go

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry that I can't make it again this year. Family stuff etc. hopefully next year. Have fun.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Currently wavering. NW200 road races are on the same day and I'm getting tempted by beers and seeing Michael Dunlop on the new Milwaukee Yamaha R1.

Reaction score
Country
Sam, I am really sorry , but to my extreme disappointment i will not be attending any more!

Disappointment number 2 is I just got word that my little bundle of joy has developed a misfire in cylinder 2 after being run on a Dyno, and thus the original plan to pick it up this Saturday has sunk like a brick.

New spark plugs have been dropped in, coil pack has been checked and swapped around and no joy as to what the problem could be.

I am now going to have to sit around until next years event!

Really sorry, hope some one else can attend in my place.

Cheers,

J

Reaction score
Country
Can confirm- I will be coming :D car has done 100 miles now and hasn't missed a beat. Just got to give it a good clean and put my wheels on

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Currently wavering. NW200 road races are on the same day and I'm getting tempted by beers and seeing Michael Dunlop on the new Milwaukee Yamaha R1.
the North west200 is miles better than japfest!!! Best racing to watch ever! Well there's some guys who want tickets Cess so if you don't come I can get your money back to you.
thanks
sam

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Sam, I am really sorry , but to my extreme disappointment i will not be attending any more!

Disappointment number 2 is I just got word that my little bundle of joy has developed a misfire in cylinder 2 after being run on a Dyno, and thus the original plan to pick it up this Saturday has sunk like a brick.

New spark plugs have been dropped in, coil pack has been checked and swapped around and no joy as to what the problem could be.

I am now going to have to sit around until next years event!

Really sorry, hope some one else can attend in my place.

Cheers,

J

Argh man that is bad luck!! I have pm'd you about your ticket.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
the North west200 is miles better than japfest!!! Best racing to watch ever! Well there's some guys who want tickets Cess so if you don't come I can get your money back to you.
thanks
sam
Sam, I'm going to give up my ticket. Was kinda hoping to rope a couple of people into going with me and sharing the driving, but everyone is for the races. Sorry to let you down.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hey cess we can't blame you for that! I think I'd prefer to go watch the NW200.

Teejay43 is going to have your ticket! :) I will pm you now.