What's new

Missed out on full Aero S15

P

Pazz

Just last week I missed out on my perfect S15. :cry:

Here she is...

Full Aero Kit (Spats/Skirts/Bumper/Wing)
Auction Grade 4, Interior grade A
38k Miles

I placed a bid of 1.65 Million Yen which is around ?7k. But the car went for 1.8 Million Yen (?8000) which is out of my budget. After esva thats nearing on ?12-13k.

Search continues...

P

Pazz

Yeah but I'd take off the wing :p and get some rota style white rims. TE37's or something.

I'd like it in red but I see like one red s15 every week in jap-land, and nearly 75% of them are spec-s never mind being a decent auction grade.

Nicest red one I've seen for sale (was a dealer sale on CarSensor.net)

too much hassle for esva tho.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Too bad. looked like a very nice example. Prices seem to be about the same as when I bought my S15. I paid 1.88milj JPY back then. No aero, but lower milage.

Grade 4s are getting harder to come by, especially if you want one of the rarer colours (all of them except white and pewter) and full aero.

But hang in there. Your car will turn up :)

I missed my first bid on a grade 5 black full aero S15 with nismo LMGT4 wheels and low milage with about 20000JPY :(
But If I would have set a higher bidding roof it would probobly just sell for more.

Well, don't give up. Which company are you using to deal with the auction?

P

Pazz

Indeed there seems to be an abundance of white and pewter S15's. I have the option of a pewter full aero thats in the UK for a good price 50k miles ?10,500. I'm so tempted.

Unlucky on the grade 5 - thats only about ?90 (125 euros) you missed out on it by. But yeah the other party could of bidded even higher.

1.88 would be expensive now thats around ?8500, the one I mentioned above we believe was overpriced in the end. They say ?6000 for a high mileage non-aero to ?7500 for full aero reasnoble mileage.

Reaction score
Country
Not many whites in full Aero grade 4+ appear as people would think, in fact ive seen almost as many in red! Most common colours in grade 4+ with full Aero are in blue and pewter suprisingly.

Ive been looking since June for a decent white full Aero, got outbid on a 4.5 (by 22,000 :mad:) and 1 other had a rear panel replacement after further inspection so gave it a miss.

I would say hang on in there, 1 will turn up....but ive been looking for over 6 months with no luck and am doubting if its going to happen. Looks like i may have to forget the Aero front and get a different aftermarket lip like the Trust :cry:. I think it may be worthwhile considering a compromise if you are after a mint Aero with low mileage or you could be in for a long wait.

btw i check the USS auctions most nights and Charlie @ ProdriftUK also checks them along with the other auctions so i can safely say im not missing any.

It seems our Japanese friends have any affinity to S15's as they are becoming more and more popular with increasing prices for a decent low mileage spec. Its a shame they also have a tendacy to smash them up as the majority in the auctions are also grade R :annoyed:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I think the main problem is the full aero bit.

Those are pretty rare. Combine that with a good auction grade and it's pretty hard to come by.

There is always the option of just getting a regular aero one which shouldn't be a problem and then have the japanese export company get a brand new aero front to fit and the rear spats.

You would loose the stock front bar but you should get a good price on the aero front as there is no freight and no VAT.
Fit some nice rims while you're at it. some used TE37s or Nismo should be a good deal.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I tend to agree with Yako on this. Get yourself a top grade Aero with just the side skirts and spoiler. With the saving made in price, get an Aero front and rear spats and either get them put in the car, or fitted before shipping :nod:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I tend to agree with Yako on this. Get yourself a top grade Aero with just the side skirts and spoiler. With the saving made in price, get an Aero front and rear spats and either get them put in the car, or fitted before shipping :nod:
No loose parts are allowed inside the car with RORO freight. small stuff the export company can hide inside the car. But hiding a bumper should be quite difficult.

No problem if you do it by container though. :)

P

Pazz

I thought Container shipping was big bucks compared to normal sea freight???

JEZ 8553 if you have a big budget and someone in Japan to have a look at dealer cars then it sounds like that might suit your needs

My Japanese sucks ass but use google translate, takes a while but there are some nice S15's on there.
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/se...MIN=1000000&PMAX=2000000&BRDC=NI&CARC=NI_S051

But I really should emphaise the point of gettin someone in Japan to have a look at the car, because there is no auction grading or anything on dealer cars and they can sometimes be selling a melon. Stay away from the ones with repair history. Which is the 5th column after the price but google translate will help. Just copy the url into the bottom box found here: http://www.google.com/translate_t

Grades 4.5 or above are few and far between, slightly unrealistic on a 6-8 year old car to be honest.

Reaction score
Country
Cant believe my luck, white mint full Aero has come on auction...but has only 3000 miles! Will sell for too much and probably nobody will beleive the mileage when you come to sell it. Now you would think this was rare but same happened last month!!! So in past 3 months only 2 decent (grade 4 or higher) full white Aeros have come onto auction and both been less than 5000 miles!! I must be cursed :rolleyes:

I think im going to try and source the Aero front seperate as i may never get a S15 at this rate otherwise. Does anyone know the part number to help source one from Nissan Japan and is this easy to do ? Going to see if Charlie can import it on the car or in it... perhaps hide it under the dash :wack::rotfl: ?

D

Dawgg

This may not be what you are after...but 5k km is nice...and grade 4.5 on a 1999.

I-direct no is: 35695773

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
This is was the one Charlie showed me as well, it will sell for well over 1.8 million yen though i think making, it very expensive (14K OTR at least ?). Cars with this low mileage are probably very popular with the Japanese themselves.

Id love it but 3000 miles is excessively low, its too good :no:

D

Dawgg

At the current exchange rate (about 226 yen to pound) a Y1.8 winning bid works out to about ?12.8k if you do it yourself....When it was 250+ yen to pound earlier this year it was the best part of 10% off. I just wish i had the cash then for one:). This doesn't count for the cost to transfer cash to Japan which will be an incidental charge about 5% on the winning bid amount. It allows ?600 for the SVA but I was quoted ?1200+ from some SVA preparation / testing companies that don't do S15's regularly.

Last edited:
P

Pazz

Going to look at a blue s15 on thursday in the UK on thursday:

- 2000 Spec-R
- 61k miles
- Aero spoiler and skirts as standard (no front bumper or spats though :()
- BIMTA registered dealer (auction sheet included in sale 4/b grade)
- 3 months P+L warranty with under seal before collection.

?9900 but could get it for around ?9250 cash im hoping. At that price I'll get a Vertex front :p

What does everyone think? :confused:

P

pablo

id rather see a car in the flesh before handing money over for a car on trust (import). everyone has a different idea on good condition etc

P

Pazz

This is was the one Charlie showed me as well, it will sell for well over 1.8 million yen though i think making, it very expensive (14K OTR at least ?). Cars with this low mileage are probably very popular with the Japanese themselves.

Id love it but 3000 miles is excessively low, its too good :no:
Check this one out, Grade 4 - 27kms 2001 full aero, goes through on Wednesday night in Tokyo, USS auction id TK26489 if my link doesnt work.

Trust me there are always loads of white/pewter ones :nod: lol

Reaction score
Country
Honestly mate i check the USS acutions myself every night, so does Charlie and he has access to the others and diddly squat comes up. I would say about 40-80 S15's appear in USS auctions every week, of those most seem to be Spec S's and of the Spec R's the majority are R grade.

I think i would have more chance of missing christmas day than missing a decent white Aero :)