What's new

Mods for 300-350bhp

Reaction score
Country
Hi all

I am new to the s15 scene, so new in fact I'm still bidding in the jap auctions for one ha.

I just wanted some information of what mods I will need to get the above bhp. I understand this may be covered before so I do apologise.

I know a bit from having an st205 GT-FOUR before hand with 280bhp with simple mods, air filter, 2.75" cat back, 3" downpipe and a turn up of the boost to slightly over 1 bar.

I am not too sure about the effectiveness of the MAF sensor, stock injectors and turbo ect to reach this power.

I will be buying a new ecu so can have 2 switchable maps one for every day and 1 for just going fast and going to convert to FMIC aswell.

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for that. What type of clutch flywheel set up would I be best using and would it be beneficial to strengthen the stara 6 speed box as I do want to keep it 6 speed.

Reaction score
Country
The link above is the best bet, those stages were set by Horsham Developments as they offer tuning chips which have a great reputation.

I will be buying a new ecu so can have 2 switchable maps one for every day and 1 for just going fast and going to convert to FMIC aswell.

Cheers
This is a pointless feature BTW. An ECU to do this will be very expensive. Having the car mapped for your modifications and then modulate the power using your right foot.

Also the box will handle 350hp if you have some mechanical sympathy. ie don't 5000rpm launch it everywhere.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for that about the box. I have no intention of doing hard launches all the time just the odd occasion. The ecu I was thinking of I was going to buy for my old GT4 its had has some nissan engines added to the software and the sr20det is one of them. It works out about £950 bought, installed, hidden fetured unlocked like antilag and launch control, all switches needed and mapped.

Reaction score
Country
I was going to use it in my GT-FOUR but I ended up selling that and now trawling the auctions for an S15