What's new

My S15

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Finally got her so I can do my own thread.
Picked her up with 37000 miles on the clock and not a mark on her. Really happy.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Very nice mate! Looks super tidy.. Not enough about with the greddy lip, think it looks really nice!
What plans so you have for it , other than enjoying it!

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Thanks lads

Im not going mental with it to start with.
It needs a new stereo first as the Jap one is terrible, although I've just found a minidisc which has been left in. :rotfl:
Then I want new wheels and the suspension doing.
Ive got the induction kit to fit but I need a T piece for the breather hose. Struggling to find one.

Apart from that I'll be keeping her clean and enjoying driving it.

Then when I'm used to it, mods. Lol

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys.

Its the wife's 8MR but she's getting bored with it now. She's getting a pick up truck itch. Lol

Lai

Reaction score
Country
Shiny and clean example there buddy!!!

It's great when you find what JDM goodies are left hidden in the car

Sent from Lai-Phone using Tapatalk

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Thanks Lai

Ive just found out the air filter was a Blitz as well but just replaced it with a Gruppe M.

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
So today i decided to fit my Gruppe M.

I started off by finding a bung or cap for the extra pipe which goes to the breather pipe as i haven't got the equipment to add that bit yet. I took a trip to Halfords and B&Q but no luck. So i thought about blocking the pipe with a bolt and then using a hose clip to tie it in.

I started to fit the kit and hit a snag straight away, the pipe wouldn't fit past the AFM?
So i took the pipe off and thought about getting a blanking cap but the adapter plate wouldn't fit snug. Something wasn't right.
I stripped the plate down and then noticed the hole the pipe was fitted in was manually added not by the factory. The last owner had retro fitted the plate for his mods and it didn't fit mine without leaving holes in the adapter plate that i would have to fill.

Luckily the car had a Blitz filter already on it and after stripping that I was able to fit the adapter plate from that to the GM kit.
The only problem was i had to use nuts and bolts which would be inside the filter!
So i added Threadlocker to them and tightened up everything really tight. I also had to adapt the Blitz mount to fit to the car and filter.

After a jiggle and a poke it all fitted together and isn't moving.
I will probably replace the nuts and bolts with something less risky at some point, going to see if they work themselves loose by checking them each week first. If the threadlocker is doing its job then im happy.

It sounds a bit louder but not loads due to it already having the Blitz already fitted. Power wise, it spins up in second quite easily now where as it gripped before if i kept the wheel straight. Its seems quicker on the way to 70mph but it could just be good old placebo effect. At least there will be less heat soak.

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Has my first problem.
My boost was down so I decided to get it checked out by the lads at M.G Motorsport, they found my turbo to manifold gasket is leaking.

Does anybody know where the best place to get a turbo gasket kit from? Thanks

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I had the same thoughts, going cheap would no doubt put me in this situation again in about a year.

Cheers. I'll take a look.

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
So ive had a few updates and not updated.
The more i do to the car the less likely i'll sell her. Really starting to enjoy driving her now the dry weather is upon us.

Any way

Ive had the calipers painted

And i ordered an Ultra Racing strut brace, fitted today

O

oaojazz

its.. so clean !. any may i ask what front lip is that ? i've never seen it before :S

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Cheers

Im a bit anal when it comes to cleaning, the car was spotless when it came from Japan. It's just a shame the UK roads slowly kill it.