What's new

need spark plug details

K

khoala

Hey,
wanna change my plugs

don't want your standard platinum or iridium ones (there not stadard but you know what i mean)
ngk platinum is ~100 PFR6B-9
ngk iridium about 100 as well BKR6EIX

i'm after the part number for the copper plugs for the s15...does anyone know it?

i plan to change plugs every service so the life of the plug makes no diff to me, i just want a better spark!

cheers
khoa

V

Vandal

Mate, I thought they were just BKR6E. I use Iridium though, so not 100% sure.

Reaction score
question being... what mods are you running, which will help decide on which plugs.

i've currently got bolt ons, exhaust, filter and dacat.... i'm running BKR7EIX's.... NGK Iridiums.. they seem to be fine! :)

K

khoala

thing is i already know what plug i want, just need the part number, i've used it in the past and i could feel the difference compared to the iridium ones i had, and platinum ones i have now...i change the plugs quite regularly so don't care on life.
fyi though, inj, pump, turbo back, manifold, splitfire coil packs, pfc, cams, afm etc...

thanks nicely...

searching up site now

Vandal, thanks also, checking on what you said if thats the case, all is good!

Reaction score
wouldn't colder plugs be better for that spec???

anyhow... BKR7E are SR20DET plugs... but they're a 7 on the heat scale.... i'm guessin' BKR6E would be the 6's you're after!!!

have you pulled out your current plugs and checked the colour??? that'll give info on if they're hot or cold enough! :)

S

S15R

i used to have NGK Iridiums, my engine flooded twice because of them, now im using standard ones which is doing the job well

K

khoala

thanks dazz0i

i think i will go with the 7's

anywho...coppers are nice and cheap and an easy diy

my friend use to get them in...got them for 2 bucks each...hahaah

have to pay retail now though...

the help is much appreciated fellas!

S

S1Five

my previous mechanic put in NGK copper ones and i just checked the box and the model is same as above

BKR7E

could anyone explain the difference between having colder vs err hotter plugs? and if anyone have any pics of spark plugs that explains if u are using the correct plugs for your car setup?

cheers,

tone

J

just_laze

Hello,

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I plan to upgrade my plugs in preparation for an increase in boost.

I've been told to go one grade colder than my current plugs and from this thread, I understand that the standard S15 plugs are grade 7, correct?

So I'm after some grade 6 plugs, 'Denzo' have been recommended to me by a friend but they seem to offer an entire range, which ones do I need exactly? Are Denzo a good choice, would you recommend another brand above Denzo and if so, what brand and why?

laze.

K

kieran

i usually run denso, but dont find they last too long, so im going to try out the nology ones see what they are like ill let everyone know hw i get on

V

Vandal

Hello,

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I plan to upgrade my plugs in preparation for an increase in boost.

I've been told to go one grade colder than my current plugs and from this thread, I understand that the standard S15 plugs are grade 7, correct?

So I'm after some grade 6 plugs, 'Denzo' have been recommended to me by a friend but they seem to offer an entire range, which ones do I need exactly? Are Denzo a good choice, would you recommend another brand above Denzo and if so, what brand and why?

laze.
S15 standard plugs are a '6'. To go colder, you would need to use a '7'. Most people with basic mods run 7s fine. If you plan on cranking the boost above 1 bar, you may want to consider 8s.