What's new

pablo

Reaction score
you can actually see more with the craft mirrors believe it or not, this is my 5th set so far and find them quite good. who needs electrics, look good and save weight at the same time :D

P

pablo

been kitted but held up at the bodyshop. they are struggling to complete a fortune kit on an rx7 on time. will be back in my hands in the next week and a half

uras front and vertex sides and rear.......

Reaction score
Pablo they havnt even started on it yet... the RX7 is still sitting there collecting dust!

Anyway... i thought you were goin for a widebody kit????

P

pablo

its done. polishing it tonight, but yes they took ages and lots of dust

the rx7 was to blame

P

pablo

its done but not been polished the painters daughter was hit by car last night!!!! shes meant to be pretty bad so waiting for him to return or for someone else to step up. it does look good imo, so pics asap

P

pablo

problem: it not happening around the window seals and needs redoing - so

1. do the rear quarter windows come out without breaking and with the rubbers in tact?

2. what are the window seal parts numbers front and rear quarter? (anyone know price or eta on these???)

3.anyone that has resprayed their car what was do you do regarding the window seals? they are to tight to mask properly and look like they need to come out

thanks guys

Reaction score
Country
Might sound crazy but could they be greased with vaseline or something so the paint wont stick when sprayed ? Then you could just whipe it off :wack:

Reaction score
mine were just masked round.

the glass itself is apparently fookin' strong if compared to S14 ones, but....... the rear quarter glass is fookin' expensive if something did go wrong...!!!!

P

pablo

Might sound crazy but could they be greased with vaseline or something so the paint wont stick when sprayed ? Then you could just whipe it off :wack:
it would be likely to react with the paint. spoke to littleknocks and they come out ok!

D

D BOY

not sure how tight the rubbers are but when i had some work before on my old car they pushed some round 3mm tubing under the rubber and masked the underside of the seal

meaning there is just enough space to let paint under and you then just remove the tubing

P

pablo

yeah this was mentioned but they are scared the heat of the booth could deform the rubbers shape?

Reaction score
Take it to a decent bodyshop then! :p
At the end of the day dude your gunna have to respray around that area when the filler cracks in the summer!

Whens it coming out the shop???

P

pablo

have faith it will be sweet. it wont crack..... maybe if its abused but will be fine otherwise. post some pics of yours. im still trying to get my head around those weird vents on the rear arches on yours?

it is a good bodyshop. this is just what happens when you pay a mate not a lot to do a job. remember adams grill that gary did

P

pablo

here is a little write with the small collection of photos i do have.... a lot of the repair work has not been photographed but you still get the idea.

this is the car as i bought her with a set of wheels i gave to torque gt prior to driving the car off the forecourt.

meet the body man, Andy from konceptz in calligton, someone i have known for ages now, and always gets a good job done in the end!

the the point of no return! - more cutting was done....

and a test fit of the front arches. one of them needed the top 'line' rebuilding so as it would snug the bonnet but all in all especially considering the price from driftkits in ireland, not a bad fit

crazy wheels for crazy money (they have now gone to a new home, to another sxoc'er with an s15. im sure they'll show their heads next year sometime!) the picture illustrates how the oem arch would never manage to fit over them!

rays gram lights 18x10 et 22 and 18x 9 et 22

now with tyres and the over fender riveted on...much better but still a little tight. maybe more camber would have been needed. the car was sprayed up at around this point. but i didn't like the way the rivets tugged the arch inward and ruined the lines. it wouldn't have been any fun to finish here anyway!

next up came an offer i couldn't refuse, with some swapping and money being handed over i took delivery from martin of littleknocks the below kit from his very nice s15 featured this year in Banzai. the rear bumper was a mess (as he explained over the phone prior to dropping it off) practice makes perfect so ill be keeping an eye on him next year! lol

trial fit of the kit. at this stage i had been visiting the bodyshop and getting stuck in with the repairs and measuring up. itchy stuff fibre glass, i did nearly all the sanding and grinding out of the broken fibre glass, and there wasn't much of the rear bumper left but Andy made good the rest of the repair work!

the exhaust also didn't measure up, so no back back is on it at the moment, however the hks silent middle silencer box on its own now just sounds like most 200's!

side skirts were a reasonable fit but some jiggery of the metal work and cutting some of the meat out of the fibre glass had them fitting quite well in the end. (not to mention more cracks and cutting out) the shape of them (where they dip inwards) caused me many hours grief and sore fingers!)

the front bumper was an ace fit, some mega tiny stress fractures repaired and cutting and modifying of the head light bracket supports and it was on!

also the pic features the new wheels, nice and light and soon to be sanded down to go body coloured!

Torque drift 9.5 et12 and 9.5 et 30 on a 5mm spacer -stretched tyres all round

looking rather sorry for its self, all rubbed down and ready for a clean before primer. at this point its rather worrying when you think of the car as ????'s as in this state it looks worth naff all!

out the body shop and fully assembled - just needs polishing!!!
HOWEVER

the painters daughter was hit by a car and left there and then. he didn't come back into work for ages. he had gotten the call part way through the job and maybe it got a little rushed and/or there was a product failure as the paint didn't come up well on the rear arch on one side. the last area he was doing.

the paints built up now so windows out as it cant be masked very well and the arch is being done again. the rest is pretty mint though

P

pablo

heres some little touches (ignore the dirt) - number pate bracket. can be removed without leaving holes in the front of the bumper showing. it also bends the plate slightly to follow the bumper. looks great without the plate on but i could kiss my parking space at work goodbye as they are pretty strict on these things as you can imagine

i got rid of the bonnet locking mechanism and put on some flush fit pins. much nicer than regular bonnet pins!

heres a close up of some of the panels. im very happy with the flush fitment of them!