What's new

pablo

P

pablo

dspeed (rob) got some great mesh from his work. gauge is about 3mm. sprayed black. wasnt sure at first but does look better than seeing the dirty white sub frame and waterbottle and all the crap hanging down.

some more pics of the body work

and a sneaky front shot - bits you cant see. the front bumper has a checkered stainless steel floor made to measure to act as an under tray and scuff panel (it does weigh naff all so dont worry - and saves the fibreglass a little as well as making it more ridgid etc etc... useful for moving it, taking it off and stuff)

the rear bumper - not pictured (sorry forgot) has expanding foam on its lower half out of sight, helps stop stones shot up from the rear wheels crazing the fibreglass

also you can just spot my craft square mirrors, with the ally plates plates sprayed black

i promise to put complete photos of the car up, when she is finally ready.

Reaction score
looks awesome! shame you didn't have it when i came down, would've loved to have seen it up close!

know exactly what you mean, seeing your car all rubbed down looking a "state" waiting to go for paint.... makes you wonder "will it ever look as good as before?"!!!!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
.............the rear bumper - not pictured (sorry forgot) has expanding foam on its lower half out of sight, helps stop stones shot up from the rear wheels crazing the fibreglass.
Good shout, mine has alot of spider legs on it, will get this done to help stop it getting worse :thumbs:

Cars looking good mate, wheels are on the edge as far as arch clearance goes. Did you ever find out how the law stands on wheels and arches lining up?

P

pablo

yes...... as long as when you look down the tread is not visible. sidewall is fine though

Reaction score
Cool, what if the wheel sticks out past the tire, i.e. massive stretch?
Its just the tread...
Pablo was telling me about it a while back (i kind of fall asleep wen he talks thou!), its a safty precaution incase some one falls on it or sumint!

P

pablo

Its just the tread...
Pablo was telling me about it a while back (i kind of fall asleep wen he talks thou!), its a safty precaution incase some one falls on it or sumint!
must just be my looks that keep you interested then:wack:

P

pablo

its back at home finally and rear arches fully blended. no mot and no exhaust for the moment...... still a few little niggles, but hopefully nothing i cant sort...

the bonnet is raised at the back....may or may not stay this way....

and to note the wheels are colour coded to match the car

cars development is still ongoing

the car is only subtlety wider (or that the white and my camera skills dont show it up as well as in the flesh)....could do with lining it up next to a standard one. but channie's ruined that now!

heres before

rear lights to be changed soon and hopefully some hid's up front and an electric fan set up

here she is.... i hope to actually get some fancy pics dome one day.... but the location will have do as it cant be driven

Last edited:
P

pablo

Arent your wheels a bit too wide at the back?? I heard you can haev problems with the cop sticking out like that...
the tread is out the way and its very close. im a 5-0 during the day and dont expect to run into any problems

Reaction score
awesome! :D nice to see another well done car! :D shame you didn't have it back when i was down, would love to see it closely.....

P

pablo

front: 18 9.5 et 30 with a 5m spacer (very very close to the coilover tyre 225 35 18

rear: 18 9.5 et 12 tyre 235 35 18