What's new

Pigeon Mod Query

T

TOMMO_RH9

Heya. Has anyone on here done the 'pigeon mod' to their cars?

I know all about how to do it and why people do and dont do it - - - but what I was specifically after was this:

If people HAVE done it...what did you use to block the pipes with. It's the 28mm and 30mm pipes in particular.

cheers
tommo

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I did it to my last S15, and then saw the error in my ways and recirc'd it again!. You can buy a bung kit that has the correct size alloy bungs, or improvise with wooden dowel or whatever you may have!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
I run pigeon on mine. Have done for about 8 months.. the pops, bangs and flames havnt started to bore me yet, like Mr Craig ;)

Once i removed the recirc valve i blocked up the intake (right side) with a champagne bottle cork, the very small pipe on the left side with a bolt and the largest pipe with the end of my dads broom handle (yeah he was pleased!! :p) + super glue and a zip tie!

I 'might' grow up when im ready for a remap with more boost and get myself a proper recirc valve! :rolleyes:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
lol James, posh git with the bucks fizz cork ;) I just got annoyed of it popping every single time you change gear!

Reaction score
Country
Haha Craig!! ;) it does the job!

This is the only photo i have to hand mate although its a bit crap to be fair as its hard to see!

As you can see the pipe at the front right of the engine has a cork in it! Theres no out going pressure there so nothing will push from behind it.

Over on the left side can you see the yellow cap? Thats just literally a kind of bottle cap thing i had laying around and then wrapped a couple of zip ties around it! Before i installed the FMIC i had the broom handle end jammed in the stock intercooler pipe (literally the same location) where you remove the recirc valve. That yellow cap holds 0.9bar fine! Make sure you secure that side in tight though with some super glue or something like that as the pressure behind it can make whatever you put there fire out like a missile!! :D happened to me a few times before! Have fun!

Edit - yes my bumper is held on with cable ties all round and yes my battery is held down with a rachet strap! Plus i havnt got a washer bottle anymore :wack: My middle name should be bodge or ghetto or something clearly.. :rolleyes:

Last edited: