What's new

R33 Diff upgrade..?

Reaction score
Country
Evening all,

Besides the diff itself, what else is needed to bolt an R33 diff on?

Do I need full R33 driveshafts for the 5 bolt flange fitment or can I use the S15 shafts / stubs.

I recall reading that I'd need R33 stubs, shafts and some hub parts as the shaft length and splines are different to the S15, but I'm hoping someone who has done this mod can confirm.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Make sure you get an abs model with the speed sensor
I ran the gtst manual diff you need diff shafts and hubs to make it work. Is a good set up though an running a GTR rear end now and it's awesome

Reaction score
Country
I've bought one off jap west mods on eBay, It's the abs version. So I'll need complete driveshafts and hubs from an r33 then, where's the best place to get a set, preferably 2nd hand?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Did you go for manual 4.1 ratio? is an awesome little upgrade proper livens the car up!
I have hubs i will be selling , are in great condition bearing etc all perfect . did have shafts too as swapped the whole rear end on mine but sold them the other day.
Drift works would probably be your bet bet mate I sourced both my set ups on there. If not try jdm garage very good to deal with mate ;)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
You shouldn't need the hubs, I'm running 5 bolt skyline shafts on my standard hubs. I do have a 15mm spacer between the output shaft and drive shaft though as I felt it was alittle short.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I thought they were a different spline pattern or is that just the GTR !? I changed the whole lot on mine..

Reaction score
Country
Did you go for manual 4.1 ratio? is an awesome little upgrade proper livens the car up!
I have hubs i will be selling , are in great condition bearing etc all perfect . did have shafts too as swapped the whole rear end on mine but sold them the other day.
Drift works would probably be your bet bet mate I sourced both my set ups on there. If not try jdm garage very good to deal with mate ;)
Yeah 4.1 Ratio. Cool well keep me posted on that. Just had a look on jap performance parts and they have a couple of R33's breaking for driveshafts.

You shouldn't need the hubs, I'm running 5 bolt skyline shafts on my standard hubs. I do have a 15mm spacer between the output shaft and drive shaft though as I felt it was alittle short.
Yeah this is what I remember reading, that the shafts are different lengths or something along those lines.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
4.1 ratio is good fun mate proper rips through the gears
No worries dude, Find out if you need them and if you do let me know mate ,have them in a box somewhere so just need to get them out