What's new

R34GTR brake conversion

Reaction score
Hey i just got some R34GTR Brembos just need some advice on fitting em
iv been told i need to drill out the knuckles out to 14mm at the front
for the rears been told in need a r33 handbrake assembly and then get a custom bracket made up for the handbrake cables above the driveshaft?
and a R34GTR- BM57 master cylinder

any chance i can get part numbers for all of this?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There's a full guide for the rear conversion, including part numbers, on my tech site (click the link in my signature). I believe it's essentially the same as the Z32 conversion (at the back)

S

silviac

Yea need to drill out to 14mm which is the easiest option and all others are straight forward for front. I'd follow Nicely's write up for rear. You can't go wrong with it

Reaction score
but his was a Z32 conversion wich im doing a R34 GTR conversion
is there any difference between the two cause iv been told to use a R33 handbrake assembly?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You use an R33 cable for the Z32 conversion too. Basically it's the same length from handle to mechanism. I just had a look at the parts diagrams for the R34 and the parking brake mechanism looks identical. I'd guess that only the callipers and rotors are different. If the rotor is bigger, you'll need some sort of bracket adapter for the calliper.

As for the BMC:

Part Number:46010-AA320-
Description:CYLINDER ASSY-BRAKE MASTER

That's the one for the RB26s.

Reaction score
so for the rears i put on R33/34 Rotors with R33 drumbrake setup and R33 cable?
no z32 parts at all?
i gess what im realy tying to ask is are S15 and R33/34 caliper mounting holes the same size and aliment in the rear?
and all i need to do is fit R34 rotors? with a R33/34 drumbrake setup with R33 cable?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Think you misunderstood what I meant. The R34 parking brake setup is identical to the Z32. What you need to find out is if the rotors are bigger than the S13/Z32 (those two are the same). If they're bigger, the calliper will need to sit further out and won't reach the mounting holes without an adapter.

Reaction score
Iv been told that the caliper it self will compensate the disk difference?
because you can fit R33 rear brembos no probem iv been told and there the same disk diameter with the R34
so fitting R34 rotors with r34 calipers so iv been told will fit no problems?

Reaction score
do you have any other tips on installing em?
like iv been told i gota get a custom bracket made up for the handbrake cables that go above the driveshaft?
but then some are saying to just run the calbe though?
and how did you know how to put the drum assembly together?
i got the S15 workshop manual but cant find the R33-34?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lol. Custom bracket? Cable ties... :nod: It's a while ago now, but I don't recall there being any issue with the cable above the driveshaft. The bracket which wouldn't match was at the brake end.

Putting the assembly together is one of the most patience-testing processes. I recall I had to use a photograph somewhere on the net. Alternatively, find an S13 manual. Like I said, the assembly is identical.

Reaction score
Just one more question
if im putting on R34 rotor's
dose that mean i have to go abide by R34 wheel offsets?
i was gona get a set of TE37's in
17 x 8.5 +30 front
17 x 9.5 +28 rear
will these still fit ?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The rotors are going to play very little part in whether wheels will fit on an S15 (except wheels fitting over the rotor and calliper - say goodbye to your space saver). As mentioned, you will rarely, if at all, get away will 9.5s on the back without rolling. 8.5 is touch and go for the front too. Lower 10-20+mm and it becomes another ball game again.

S

silvia200sx

Hi Guys,
I'm on the same dilemma, however I'm trying to source this handbrake assembly, any ideas?

I was told by Joshua from Proconcept that all I require is the handbrake assembly but at this stage, I've had no success on these forums and I checked the price for OEM.

It's pretty costly. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I went with the r33 whole rear setup, great mod IMO.. Not sure why everyone thinks they have to go the z32 route which drives the price of the parts up.

R33 same parts!!

Reaction score
Country
Might be a stupid question, but just want to be 100%sure... I'm guessing r32 gtr parts are the same (also cables)?

Last edited: