What's new

Rear Top Bush Gone?

Reaction score
OK - this is going to be a bit random and a bit vague - but please bear with me! :rolleyes:

When I was going over a speed bump, the people in the car behind me said that it looked liked I might have a rear top bush gone / going....given that the weather has been pretty awful - I thought it might be worth checking to see if it rings any bells with any of you guys / get some pointers in advance?!

Hope this is ok and thanks in advance for your help. :thumbs:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the only 'rear top' bushes are the topmounts on the suspension struts, and if these were gone they would normally knock. other bushes are all suspension/subframe related and again, would cause knocking noises or unusual handling. i can't see how they can tell anything is gone on the car to be honest just by seeing the back of it driving along......don't let a garage rip you off if it's worrying you. there are enough members both here and on sxoc dotted around the country, that, if you are nearby, i'm sure someone would take a look for you :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
For them to see something was wront it'd have to be serious. Did they say your car was crabbing?

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys!

The suspension has been changed since then and that was banging (bottom bushes were gone) and I'm sure that the car isn't crabbing. I'll have to get it on a ramp somewhere and get the subframe bushes etc checked...

Could the bushes on the coilovers be responsible?

Last edited: