What's new

FS: S15 Carbon Cooling Panels

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well, if everyone has the same feeling then I would obviously be really pleased with that, but only if everyone feels the same way. It's almost certain to get snapped into many little bits though :(

I was planning on using the mould that we will have to make one for myself over time out of pure carbon fiber. It will probably cost around £150 for enough CF to do it though!

Reaction score
Country
Paid the full amount for a fibreglass panel :nod:

One question though; any idea what colour the gel coat will be? If you could get it done black it would be good, but if you can't, it's not a problem.

I don't mind what happens to the original. You've done all the leg work to organise this, so if it does survive the moulding process I've no objections to you keeping it :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys, I appreciate that. If it survives fully intact and anyone does object I'll just send them their cut back :nod:

The gel coat was going to be in white mate, but I'll see what I can do ;) I assumed people were going to get the FG ones painted the same colour as their cars, but gloss black would look good on anything I suppose!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
BTW there is a list on Post#2 on Page 1 this thread with an up to date list of payment details.

Reaction score
Well, if everyone has the same feeling then I would obviously be really pleased with that, but only if everyone feels the same way. It's almost certain to get snapped into many little bits though :(

I was planning on using the mould that we will have to make one for myself over time out of pure carbon fiber. It will probably cost around £150 for enough CF to do it though!
£150 for a pure carbon one sounds great find out the price mate:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
The gel coat was going to be in white mate, but I'll see what I can do ;) I assumed people were going to get the FG ones painted the same colour as their cars, but gloss black would look good on anything I suppose!
I was planning on painting it at some point, but like you said, black will look good on anything, and will be more subtle than white untill I do paint it :)
Black would look more of a factory finish, matching the standard pipes, rocker cover, aibox and so on.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
£150 for a pure carbon one sounds great find out the price mate:thumbs:

That £150 I mentioned is just to cover the cost of the carbon fiber to do the job as it will need quite a few layers (around 10x as much as the ones on here).
Actually making it will cost a lot more too as the process is totally different.

:nod:

T

tripleJs15

Paid in full, awaiting fedex shipping account # for delivery charges.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Paid in full, awaiting fedex shipping account # for delivery charges.
Slight problem dude, I have sent you a PM.

So far only 6 people have paid a deposit and I need all the deposits in by the weekend to secure you a panel. If you have changed your mind please let me know as the GB may have to be cancelled and payments returned if there is not enough interest..

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Paid in full mate for CF model
Cheers mate, I've got it. Are you aware you didnt add delivery onto it? Its not a problem as we can sort that when they are ready to be sent :)

Reaction score
Cheers mate, I've got it. Are you aware you didnt add delivery onto it? Its not a problem as we can sort that when they are ready to be sent :)
Yep sorry mate noticed that, will send it soon£15 rite. Do you think your gonna get enuf ppl for this GB?Hope So.....

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yep sorry mate noticed that, will send it soon£15 rite. Do you think your gonna get enuf ppl for this GB?Hope So.....
Yeah, it is £15 to the UK mate for delivery.
I certainly hope so too. The minimum number at this price is 20 but if we are nearly there I cant imagine there being an issue as we are spending so much money with the guys who are building them.

Lol...fixed sorry!
Cool, cheers mate :)