What's new

S15 Front End and SR20 DET in 96 Neon

O

OmgItsPanda

Any one wanna give me any ideas on wat i would have to do to make this possible? i wanted a project and i thought about this one and i think it would be very unique once is done. And also wat would i need to make a Neon RWD? cause when i put the SR20 in i will have to have it RWD.

O

OmgItsPanda

S15 Front end and SR20 in 96 Neon

I needed a new project and i like creating stuff that is really unique and different to bring to car shows to show someone something that they have never seen before and i know this modification might be hard and take some money but i really wanna complete this idea. Does anyone have any idea on wat i would bollocking need to make this work?

Reaction score
hahaha i just noticed this reptition of this post

why would have an SR20 engine force you to have it RWD ? lol ... Pulsars??

O

OmgItsPanda

well a guy on a Neon forum i am also on says that if i drop a SR20 engine in my neon i would need full tubular front end and also i would have to make it RWD. would i really? i wouldnt think it would matter.

M

Matt_S

If you dropped the FWD set up from a Pulsar/Primera (or a G20 I think you call it) you would be more likely on having an SR in by the end of it - then just turbo it :wack:

As to the front end?

Err no idea. You can buy all the parts easy enough. Fibreglass or OEM materials. Its still gonna need a hell of a lot of work! Good luck! :wack:

S

StarletRick

why not just turbo the original neon engine? they are 2 litre anyway arnt they?

why spend all that money swapping a 2 litre engine out for another 2 litre.

ive seen a fair few neons pushing 350+ hp, so the engine is perfectly capable.

why waste your time.

J

JDM JUNKIE

Any one wanna give me any ideas on wat i would have to do to make this possible? i wanted a project and i thought about this one and i think it would be very unique once is done. And also wat would i need to make a Neon RWD? cause when i put the SR20 in i will have to have it RWD.
Sorry but this is the wrong site for this kind of project. You're not going to get much help on here I think. You should try a neon site if you have a neon frame.
I know a big neon gear-head from high school. You can find him here http://www.highaltitudeimports.com/ his name is Chris Barnett. If he can't help you he knows who can. Last time I saw him he had 4 neons a porsche and a miata...

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
my question is why bother?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country

Neon is also a gas, a type of jumping spider, a [SIZE=-1]high illuminated visual effect and a [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] a three-piece Australian rock band :nod:

On the question of why? I guess we are all different (sometimes in a good way and sometime in a bad way) and that is what makes the world an intersting place :D

Good luck with your dream... :thumbs:
[/SIZE]