What's new

S15 vin number is it stamped anywhere other than the chassis plate?

Reaction score
My 15 is having work done and my mate is looking at buying a 15 tonight but he said he can only find a chassis plate with the vin on no number stamp in the chassis itself is this correct?? I cant remember :annoyed: my 14a has one and the plate!!

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
There should be a metal vin plate on the bulkhead on the drivers side though I am sure my s15 has it stamped into the metal aswell right next to it :)

Reaction score
looks like its right then I just had a text from another friend and his 15 only has the plate too seams odd tho!! lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The chassis number will be stamped is several other places, but for security purposes, these are usually only known to the manufacturer and the police. The police use these to identify stolen cloned vehicles.

Torque GT

🔥 Contributing Trader 🔥
Reaction score
The Vin should/will be stamped on the bulkhead. If should be to the right of where the bracket for the Servo is bolted, just above where the brake pipes run across. You will have to crouch down slightly and look up. It may be covered in dirt as well and need wiping off. If it's not there I would be concerned!

HTH

Mike

Reaction score
Country
How about on any of the windows? My vin number is on the back window running along parallel with the left hand rear quarter.

Torque GT

🔥 Contributing Trader 🔥
Reaction score
No window markings on the JDM cars that I've seen.