What's new

Sam's wide arch Pearl Yellow S15

Reaction score
Country
So is like your house yellow, walls yellow, underwear yellow, mrs yellow. Do you only eat peanut MM's?

Yeah the embossed details looked good on its own but I can't help but fiddle and add my own touch! Defo worth getting even just for more JDM points.

I love the tomei pans Dave, if I could have found one for under £200 I would have one. The welds are work of art. Max found one for £250ish but the greddy sump was too cheap to pass on!

I used a sealer I had at work, from Subaru Japan, called 3bond. I've used it loads on subaru's and its great stuff, plus it was free! :) worst bit I found was stopping the oil dripping from the block, long enough to let me get the sump in place without it getting on the sealer.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Missed the "funny" gibes at my yellowness! I do like other colours....blue and white!

So since starting work for Ferrari I've been flatout and have struggled for a place to do work to my car. I could use my old work place anytime I like and its frowned upon to use My new works ramps etc unless desperate.

So anyway with my new job bonus money I've been stacking up the parts to fit.

Ive got new:
Front and rear wheel bearings
Front and rear grooved brake discs, stoptech carboraine front pads.
Front LCA bushes
Rebuilt front and rear Apex gen 1 coilovers (was sold them as gen2's, so abit annoyed, will fit an see)
Rear hubs with new pollybushes
Rear diff pollybushes
Gktech 1.3 bar rad cap
Gktech handbrake extenders
Gktech oil catch can
Gktech black steel wheel nuts
Sabelt towing strap (in yellow ;)
Apex bushed front TC arms
Apex street engine mounts

so as you can see I've got alot to do and not enough time to do it!

New canards fitted to help with downforce?? Ha ha.

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Where to start then!

Fitted all the parts above, and have bought more parts to fit! :) wilwood 345 front brakes, Driftworks imola seats, sparco steering wheel, rear over fenders, Plus a few other small bits. Will be a busy 2015!

I carried out a full tracking session at work, spent an hour adjusting it all!

I then did a track day at castle combe! Car was awesome!!! Just warped my front brakes hence the wilwood purchase.

I was also lucky enough to do a track day with work at combe, and I got to drive a 458 speciale for 1 session! That blew my mind, I drive them all the time on the roads but on track it came alive. The comparison between my car and the speciale is retarded. My car may aswell be a scooter! Its night and day! Car below vv its my works demo car.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I really want one vinnie but I can't justify the money of one. £150+ is too much for a hardly functional item. Maybe if I get good bonus next year I will do it!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah so I've been busy!

Fully stripped the car down, found lots of rust (repaired), bought new body kit, diffuser and FMIC! Cars going to paint next week and getting a full respray in Liquid yellow 3 stage pearl!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Front Lower sill behind arch rust
image.jpg
Repaired vv
image.jpg

If you've got a mint S15 take the time now to secure its future! Strip it down and get lots of Dintronol dcf900 rust converter with extended spray tubes and spray the inner sills to protect! These cars will eventually rot out like the S13 and 14! Save your car today don't wait until it's too late!!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
image.jpg
Make sure your spray down inside the hole below the window ^^ as these are the inner sill pockets and where the rot will start!

Cutting the rear arches out to remove rust and fit over fenders! VV
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
All welded up!! vv
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Still working on in it for the next few days to get it all ready for paint! Gonna look mega when done! Hopefully, just need to find some te37 style alloys in 19x9 for the rear and the car is done!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Almost two years to the day I said I'd get it resprayed it's finally happened!
the car has been resprayed in Ferrari Giallo triplo strato pearl yellow! It's a three stage process and it looks incredible!

Mainly a few teaser Photos as I'm still assembling it, but safe to say it's a stunning colour!

Attachments

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
The kit was not good quality. From a individual guy from here and drift works. Carbonkit on here and skyline1234 on driftworks.
He has made some good kits before but he just messed me around and has messed so many people around. And the finish was poor! Long story but just avoid.
So the bodyshop had a lot of work to get a decent finish.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I know who you mean, I was going to get a kit from him as well, but then I found all the threads on drift works about him so didn't go through with it in the end.

Reaction score
Country
That's such a nice colour!

I almost ended up with a Yellow one before I bought mine, I think you've picked a nice shade for the respray!
Hurry up and assemble it so we can see it complete :)