What's new

SR20VET S15 omg

Kev

Reaction score
Country
I saw this car at protuner while my s15 was getting mapped. ( actually helped get it into the workshop) very jealous of the engine setup :nod: especially the mazworks inlet...

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thanks Kev! It is a serious inlet.
There is still some tidying up to do but the engine runs and it is nearly there. I can recommend visiting protuner next week if you want to hear some VVL YO! Lol

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Haha believe me I begged Greg to put the engine in mine lol.. I would love to come hear some vvl love but I'm in Hampshire so a bit of a mission! I hope everything goes smoothly :thumbs: Greg did an awesome job mapping mine so it's in great hands :nod:

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Spoke to Greg today and they are done tuning. 428hp at 1.5bar i think was the figure.
My frontpipe snapped in two today but they ran it for a short period of time and it made 458hp! Thise damn sports cats and JASMA exhausts!
Hopefully will pick up the car on Fri!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
How much??? Jesus! Get a go pro and get us some footage!!

Is is the front pipe the exhaust after the elbow? How did that break in two!? And Max.....a sports cat!!!! Wtf decat that mofo and unleash more horses!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I know, i have to spread the VVL YO! Never heard it myself :s
That is right. He thinks it was already cracked, but the sod just fell in two!
I'm trying to keep it a little stealthy, and hopefully the cat will scrape it through the MOT and not stink! Lol

Reaction score
Country
buy a decat and use the original flanges so that you can swap over the cats for the MOT, used to do that for my FTO, but that was NA and needed all the help it could to develop power in a lazy V6!!!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country

Discuss.
Red is a conservative map so i don't ruin my clutch and box. Green was a test when my downpipe snapped in two! It must have sounded mental. I have a cat and a quiet exhaust that hold it back alot it seems. The map we were going to run before that was 428hp, so about 30 lost due to exhaust!

1.5bar 2867gtx internally gated :s forged SR20VET. VVL changover 5700rpm, red line 7800rpm.

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I have a feeling it's going to be epic even at 410!!! That's a hell of a lot of power! 330 torques too across a pretty broad range!

We need a VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
What's the limiting factors with your set up then? It's a good result and should be strong and reliable but I'd say there is potential for more :)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The exhaust being a quiet one and the sports cat are limiting the flow after the turbo. The turbo is Internally gated too so there is a bit of loss there. I'd like to upgrade to an external wastegate setup

For putting the power down unfortunately the wrong clutch went in, doh! Exedy hyper single, whereas i have an HKS LA clutch that i wanted to go in, but it had been such a long process it had been forgotten about. This isn't the end of the world as I'm running a circlip modded box. It has just bought my CD009 gearbox upgrade forward. (So if anyone knows of one let me know!) Until then I'll just go a bit steady!
Yeh Chris, loads and loads of potential. Greg says the engine is safe for 500hp (it's not sleeved) maybe i could get 475 with this turbo with the right exhaust setup? He'd really like me to get a bigger turbo to make the most of the head and big power but i'll never race it like most VET engines, I'm just being a tool who decided to do something different on a road car and see what happened!

Reaction score
Country
Nothing wrong with trying something different. I've been looking at turbo upgrades etc and possibly go for a forged block but a LSv8 may work out just as cheap :D the vet head is awesome but looks very complicated.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The v8 is probably a similar cost! I had a little look a few months ago :s You'll be able to get a brand new out the box one too which appeals! The LS3 is light and compact too

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been on here. Glad the motor is finally running, dude! I'd still love to do a vet head conversion in an S15.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Its on the road, all is well. There are loads of things that want doing to neaten it up but just being able to drive it is a relief.
I have been doing up my house recently so it has taken a back seat while money is tight but I'll be at Japfest. Need to start cleaning this weekend, and put a hole in the bonnet too!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Had a really good time at Japfest at the weekend. It has rekindled some of the love for the S15 that was lost over the year and a half of engine rebuild.
I have more plans for the car, sorting out a more free flowing exhaust, probably decat, top mount mani and new downpipe.
GTR/ EVO Brembo Brakes
CD009 gearbox conversion
1.5 way diff

For 450hp, quick spooling all day long. Bigger power will need a bigger clutch.

Anyone interested in probably the lowest S15 box in the UK, at no more than 18000miles (will confirm this) make yourself known. It's Craig's old spare. Less than 2k miles in my car, no funny noises at all.

Further down the line when my garage gets extended I'll get a new shell and either build everything into a mint factory Aero, or a Yashio Gulf minter. Votes?