What's new

SR20VET S15 omg

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
lol that's only £2500 ha ha so ugly though
What diffs are you looking at? Have to admit my latest diff is by far the best mod I have done to my car...
Well that and the brakes ...
And the rsr ha ha

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Updates on my build too.

Engine is in bits at ProTuner. I really could have built it better myself with no prior knoledge. Crank out of limits for ovality, bores out of limits for ovality, bearings trashed, oil pump gear warped (bad balance and aluminium crank pulley to blame). Valves not properly seated... I was also unlucky enough to have recieved a bad batch of VE pistons that were machined with no dish so 10.5 cr not 9! Two good reasons for a rebuild.

So, new set of pistons, new oem crank, acl bearings, new oil pump and an ati crank pulley to buy. FML. Most sane people would have called it quits! Trying to buy a house too :s

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Ah ****! Sorry to hear this mate!

How many miles were on the block? Surely if it was all ok before it was rebuilt the crank and bores can't be that far out!

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
jesus, sounds like the did a pretty shoddy job ! hope you get it sort mate.. should be much better this time round :)

Reaction score
Country
I'm off to Pompey as of this Sunday Max but hopefully when I get back this time next year you'll have it all sorted, can't wait to have a good nosey around!

Have you considered a beat up fibreglass bonnet to mess with to see what needs doing to get it to fit? I know a lad up near St Austell who has one that is damaged but could be ideal as a guinea pig? Can put you in touch if you like.

Reaction score
Country
Driftspeed.com SR20DET Motor Build

DVD is a good beginners guide, as its a step by step guide with a dude showing you what to do as he rebuilds a SR on the dvd.
Lists all tools needed and how to do calculations for bearings etc

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Sounds like they did a top notch job then!
I take it they will be paying for all expenses and refunding what you spent with them....
On the plus side if that's the power it was making with the engine in this condition imagine what the graph will look like when it's all done properly ;)
Keep the faith buddy will be immense when it's finished
Ps will be putting in an order with a couple of places in the states if you are after anything? I'm getting an orbit oil pump from mazworx and pistons etc from frs probably , so if you need anything give me a shout

Last edited:

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
There were about 100k but always stock boost.
Parky, that does sound like a good idea! I wont be able to buy for a while as all my money is committed, but at this new house the S15 will have a double garage :)
I could really have done with that DVD, lol. Or some common sense, haha. I'll never learn this buy cheap buy twice.
Chris, I am about to put all those bits I put earlier on an order from Mazworx, I'll probably have them sent straight to Greg though. Greg says with std sleeves it is still safely a 500hp motor, still limited by the clutch gbx combo though.
Unfortunately I can only take those assholes for what they paid me, and damaged components, but that is quite a bit!

Sent from my SM-T315 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ah cool no worries buddy. Yeah I'm looking for a new box for mine may end up going the z33 route by the looks of it
Good luck with it all mate

Last edited:

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Legal update.
I'm taking the first engine builders to court for what I paid plus a conservstive estimate of the parts they have knackered.
They need to have the paperwork submitted to the court on the 17th.
So today the owner who seemed very polite left me a voice mail today asking to call back. Think this is a bit late for aplogies. Now, do I talk and see what they have to offer, or wait for the 17th and win the case by default?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah as above mate don't talk to them , you gave them plenty of time and opportunities to deal with this before now so let the court sort it out.

Reaction score
Country
i read this thread last night and cant believe your luck dude! hope you get all your money back you put into that engine build. As already said that power curve is impressive considering chimps put it together

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeh, not good luck with wheels.
I bought a cheap stand in Volvo a month ago, and have had 2 snapped suspension springs and a brake failure!
Maybe I am the one that got away from a final destination film!
Can't wait for my car back given the weather.
As you guys have suggested I'll not be talking to the chimpanzees until I have won the case. They have 1 working day to get their paperwork in so I think I am quids in! So happy!

Reaction score
Country
Yeh, not good luck with wheels.
I bought a cheap stand in Volvo a month ago, and have had 2 snapped suspension springs and a brake failure!
Maybe I am the one that got away from a final destination film!
Can't wait for my car back given the weather.
As you guys have suggested I'll not be talking to the chimpanzees until I have won the case. They have 1 working day to get their paperwork in so I think I am quids in! So happy!

chances are the judge will order them to pay you money............ but will they actually pay it.....??? those kinds of people are scum and scum dont pay there debts well

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I can pay an extra fee and send the bailiffs around (which should perk their interest) but you are right in alot of cases people dont get their money back. Fortunately they are a decent sized company and not a broke one, or an individual so I just hope they can recover it fairly swiftly

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I just spoke to the boss and ofcorse it wasn't his fault but mine. He is completing his paperwork now (which is already a week late)
Fortunately for me, because it is overdue I have applied for the judgement to be made in my favour without it going to a court.
We should both recieve paperwork about that tomorrow, and he should legally pay up.
Next snag though, the reason it is late is that he has been off after a prostate op! Call me cold hearted but I hope it doesn't get overturned!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Well fingers crossed they judge in your favour and be done with it . Well tbh if he knew he was unable to get the paperwork in himself( assuming he would ha known about the op well in advance ) then he should have prepared It all beforehand or got someone else high up in the company to do it for him? I don't see that it should have any bearing on the decision tbh just shows how disorganised they are really. Hope you sort it soon buddy this is dragging on a bit now

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Court business still ongoing, so it is all moving on extremley slowly for a number of reasons. House purchase and working in Cornwall the big two!
Gearbox chat next. I went over to Protuner last week to drop off my clutch, and pickup my pistons for return.
He was talking to me about 350Z gearboxes. He has a kit to swap a CD009 onto an SR20DET, with a bit of mod work keeping the shifter and using an S15 clutch. Ratios are similar to an S15 too and ofcorse 6 speed.
Where is a good place to find one of these boxes?