What's new

strange problemmm...

Reaction score
Country
right,

my car seems to have a mind of its own. sometimes it works awesome but other times it just doesnt want to run.

sometimes when i come onto to boost my exhaust back fires really loud then i lose all power when in boost, when i finally come to a stand still the engine stalls.
this morning the car wouldnt start at all until the 4th attempt and it finally turned on then stalled straight away.

but i then drove the car early and it was boosting perfect sitting at 1.1bar.

what could possibly be causing it to this? its just kinda scary driving at 60mph coming onto boost then the car is trying to stall itself for no reason?

if it was a boost leak surely it would do it all the time not just every now and again?

Reaction score
Country
I know this might sound odd but my gf has had a similar prob in here corsa! (-turbo) is was the maf giving odd readings causing the car to stall at odd times! Ecu couldn't keep the air fule ratio in check so it shut down! Not good when doing 70mph on a motorway! Might be a place to start?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
sounds similar to an issue on my evo. Occasionally ran like a dog, other times, sweet as a nut. Turned out the cam shaft sensor was dodgy. you checked the ecu for fault codes?

Reaction score
Country
tbh i dont even know to check the ecu for fault codes haha. its proper frustrating and scary because you can be nailing and all of a sudden feels like someone puts the breaks on. i need to have another good look on monday :-(

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Because you have a PFC I'm guessing. Can you not check it on the hand controller?