What's new

Turbo trouble..

Reaction score
Check the four bolts holding the turbo to the manifold I had a rattle on mine and when I came to put on the tubular manifold found out all four had worked loose.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I bet you the gaskets are the cheap card type. They nearly always are. A genuine turbo to mani gasket is ?20, a genuine turbo to elbow gasket is ?25 and a genuine mani to head gasket is around ?55. Which type do you think comes with a ?150 tubular mani? Like I said, only the Nissan (full metal) gaskets.

Loctite? On something which glows red with heat? I was recently recommended copper nuts. Having fitted some to my turbo elbow (another place they works loose) I can also highly recommend them.

If you use the plate locks (a big tab washer) on the the turbo to mani nuts, they shouldn't come loose. The tabs on the washer fold up (they should be hammered up tight) against the nuts and stop movement completely.

S

sillbeers15

Yeah, the plate lock is crucial!

My garage manually fabricated another piece of plate lock based on the original template since the stock plate lock broke off after changing to the GT-RS turbine.

The stock exhaust manifold is also known to have hairline cracks after some milleage build up. So it is best to ditch the stock manifold and replace it with an after market equal length unit.

P

POC

Well all done! New mani,elbow gaskets and lock bolts but the rattle still there so it must be fuel prob so next on the cards is fit fuel pump injectors and a rr to see hows shes running. Turbo was checked and its perfect!

Theres an HKS evcr boost controller in it and i dont tink its set right so ill get all that looked at. First is fit a boost gauge see what shes running! And dont worry im not driving ****e into it barely driving it but i am im taking it easy!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:eek: If there's an EBC, you need to get it set under 0.7 bar running 95RON RIGHT AWAY. If that rattle is det, you won't have an engine very much longer... And, no, a new fuel pump isn't going to stop det. A remap will.

P

Paddy

Patjoe, do you not have a factory boost gauge on your A-pillar??
Also, when youre setting it up, set it a little low to allow for hot days and boost spikes etc

Last edited:
P

POC

Patjoe, do you not have a factory boost gauge on your A-pillar??
Also, when youre setting it up, set it a little low to allow for hot days and boost spikes etc
No da fecking thing was missing when i got the car in! also missing the cover for the a-pillar, is it possible to find these?!

Going on hols for 4 weeks so gonna park car up till i get back and get it mapped then, not too sure to go for power fc or jst get an airi/fuel controller? any suggestions on other set ups?

heres my spec:

s/s mani
3" elbow
3" downpipe
3" catback
fmic
blitz BOV
air filter(not too sure of make)
HKS EVC iv

was thinking power fc, will that mean i get rid of EVC? or get apexi safc and avcr and start from scratch getting rid of evc?

PS when i got the car the evc wasnt connected right a load of blank hoses so i got an installation guide and sorted but i dont even kmow if its wired right thats why im thinking of taking it out! Doesnt seem very easy use anyway!

what ye think!
Thanks in advance