What's new

underbody colour scheme (for the truly anal owner) lol

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i need to get some opinions from you lot, when i have all the chassis parts blasted up over the winter i need to decide on colours, as it costs no more to bling everything up than it does to have it re-done in black....

anyway, i've taken this guys project as the inspiration, but i think its a little over the top as impressive as it is....

what do you guys think to having the subframe done silver, along with the driveshafts, hubs, diff casing, prop, leaving the godspeed roll bars red, and having all the reinforcing bars and lower arms done in blue to match my apex alignment arm kit? basically that would mean it would look very much like the pic but minus the red.

i know its under the car but as much as i want it to look mint, i dont want it to look like toytown :nod:

i was looking for a shot of one on a lift to have a play with photoshopping colours but i couldn't find one - any input/suggestions appreciated, i only want to do this once and want it right :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I fully appreciate the fact you want it mint underneath, but personally I prefer things to look mint but also fairly discreet. I'm going to be re-doing my subframe gloss black, with gunmetal suspension arms (standard and aftermarket), ARB's and diff housing. Going to keep the diff cover silver for some contrast but that's it.

:)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i know what you're saying mate, sort of the 'oem +' look....which is cool as well, i just thought it would be neat as i my engine bay is all blue and silver/chrome, blue and silver could be like a common theme running through the whole car....the car being silver also, these are the only two colours on it i think :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, I get where you are coming from :)

The only thing I would add then is the ARB's may look a bit out of place if they are the only red bits..? Maybe they would look good in the same blue as the arms? It's hard to imagine until you see it though!

Have you seen the baffled alloy diff cover you can get? I imagine that would look good with a mirror polish on it ;) I think driftworks or japspeed do a copy of it too but here's the greddy one..

http://www.rhdjapan.com/trust-greddy-rear-diff-cover-upgrade-kit-14013?nflag=1

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I like the idea mate,think it will look very nice,I am gonna do something very similar as I am colour coding my whole car grey and blue,doors seat dash,and under already started with blue suspension arms and gunmetal diff casing,blue calipers etc I am waitin to get the money as I need to get my nismo cross brace and arbs re sprayed so gonna have em done gunmetal and blue too!I think you should go for it! The rest of the car is so mint and it will defo continue the theme from your engine bay!and finish the car off perfectly.if you don't mind me asking what sort of price have you been quoted for the spraying and blasting,so I have a ballpark figure?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
craig - might just get the arb's done the same, wont cost much more and think they are chipped anyway, as for the diff backplate, i love those snazzy ones but the cheap ones apparently go porous and the greddy is just too much as much as i'd like the diff to have more oil capacity and they look better, the us of the car doesnt justify it - the diff should never overheat ;)

pegliobaglio - cheers mate, i cant quote a price as yet but i dont expect to be a silly amount, i'm not having them sprayed but zinc primed and powdercoated (theres a place round the corner from me). i know people dont like powder coating but its more durable and should stay perfect with the right primer and not using the car in crap weather :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, mine probably never even gets very warm either, but... :smitten:

Need to stop going on that website!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i know, it is a sexy bit of kit.....jdm stuff is superb, but i've got a missus to feed and bills to pay lol - such is life :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah I agree powder coating is more durable,thought it was me goin to this extent with the underside! I have a problem with colour coding everything,all of my cars have to be done! Even down to sourcing blue bushes and exhaust mounts!!lol its gonna look class mate I say do it and just keep it simple with the two tone! Can't wait to see the progress

Last edited:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
same to you mate, i love this club and the effort everyone puts into thier cars :D

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
i know, it is a sexy bit of kit.....jdm stuff is superb, but i've got a missus to feed and bills to pay lol - such is life :)
Hahah, like it! - Looks like my missus is starving for a few weeks!! :D :p

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
They are pretty special cars,and I say do it once and do it properly!!! Then it should last ya ,rather than doing it on the cheap and having to come back to it at a later date.

Curryzz

Reaction score
Well said i do love the fact everyone puts in 100% with there cars, love your winter plans dean!!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
anyway, i've taken this guys project as the inspiration, but i think its a little over the top as impressive as it is....

i know its under the car but as much as i want it to look mint, i dont want it to look like toytown :nod:
so that's drift works orange on a back drop of lime green then! :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Love the idea mate :) I'm not in a position to comment/advise since my underside is colour coded with mud, coolant, oil and the odd bits of rust (!!) lol :p :D