What's new

Zillalife X Garage 21 Rocket Bunny S15 Drift Car

Reaction score
Country
Indeed i have no ****ing idea how its still alive! its on its last legs though as its now popping out of 3rd gear! happens in one of those vids at 80MPH!!! getting it rebuilt over winter with the hardened gears and shims. Im running an ORC 409 twin plate too..... so i have no idea how its been ok for the last 6 years! and god knows what it did in japan!
mate you must have a world record going there on that box........ ive just brought a tremec t56 as i was thinking that the RB25 box would not be strong enough........ you must have the kindest left foot in the drift world in all history

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
mate you must have a world record going there on that box........ ive just brought a tremec t56 as i was thinking that the RB25 box would not be strong enough........ you must have the kindest left foot in the drift world in all history
Haha have you seen my vids? im not kind to it! im constantly clutch kicking the bitch :) There is a company here called Garage D who do rebuild / strengthen kits and the box would be good for 500bhp which would be perfect as i dont plan on going over 450. I guess its because my car is solid mounted and very light and with the os giken 2 way it luck locks. I only use 9.5 j wheels with 235 40 18 tyres sometimes 245 but never go over that. So there is an element of mechanical sympathy lol

Tooley do you reccomend ORC 409 ?

Yes mate it is the best clutch i have ever used. There are better but i rate these over the HKS anyday. Very aggressive clutch and instant torque delivery the lightened flywheel is amazingly balanced and makes the car drive great. I can clutch kick my car in 4th with out any issues.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
I was looking into the garage D rebuild looks promising have you been given a quote for the work yet?
what the clutch like on the road?

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
That is a pretty good price I'm thinking acouple doing a build on the box because it seems abit clunky but I don't want to change the clutch then the box die on me
car looks awsome

tooley

Reaction score
Country
That is a pretty good price I'm thinking acouple doing a build on the box because it seems abit clunky but I don't want to change the clutch then the box die on me
car looks awsome

Mines been clunking and whining for years....... if it aint broke dont fix it :p However a 409 is a harsh clutch but should be fine. Ive gone through two clutch plates due to normal wear but the box is still going.

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys!!

haha I have 18 x 9.5 et 18 up front on 235 40 18 slicks
on the back I have 18 x 10.5 et 12 with 235 40 18 tyres

s15ak what kind of question is that haha! I'll be skidding on them for sure! Got few rear pairs as spare too but 9.5 the 10.5 will be my road ones