What's new

after market ecu's who's got what and why

G

GUEST_JDM

hey any one using an apexi fc on there s15 and any one had any probs with it yet? and if you dont have an fc what else are you using? just wanna get some idea's in my head before buying cheers

Reaction score
Country
I've the Apexi PowerFC..
Why??
because my local tuner only deals with them. got a controller that can monitor the engine status knock monitor and other useful functions.

would love to run a HKS f-con pro but it's useless to me as no one can tune it for me.

Reaction score
Got the Apexi Power FC, why; plugs straight in, easy to tune with plenty of tuners available, hand controller to monitor systems, well priced for what you get and theres plenty of information available from other users:):)

2OOsxy

Had a Wolf 3D V4 - was a bucket of snot as it failed miserably and jeoparised the whole engine

Then went a chipped (bikirom) S15 ECU - was fantastic but couldn't cope with the power I have

Now have a Power FC D Jetro - awesome ECU!!!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
do you still have the bikirom? I always wondered how good they were, but they are extremely hard to get one

2OOsxy

nah don't have it anymore - got put into a very well known widebody 13 with an SR over here. But if you are still chasing one I'd give the guys at C-Red a call as they come across them from time to time. I loved the rom but it got a bit limited for tuning (agents and map at the power/driveability combo I wanted).

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I was thinking about it, but I think the powerFC is the best option for me. It just seemed that the biki rom was limited on support and development considering the developer disappeared from time to time.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I was under the impression that a d-jetro is not worth it under about 300kw. If you are under this figure you are better off with a normal powerfc

2OOsxy

The only real difference is that the d jetro doesn't need an AFM and instead uses a Map sensor - heck anything that loses an AFM is a good start in my books. It also tends to cope better with vacuum leaks and doesn't stall and stutter as much if you pop a hose!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Keep those clamps tight you won't have any leaks:D

Stick a Z32 AFM in and you won't have any issues unless you put in a bigger turbo and go for big power figures. Then I would be using a Motec, Autronic or maybe a Haltec as they have far more programs and parameters than the Apexi which is limited even in D jetro form

B

baynz

to fit a z32 afm dont u need something like an e-manage or something i was under the impression u cant just fit 1? im sure i read on here somewhere u need the e-manage to control the fuelling? i may be wrong tho,

G

GUEST_JDM

sweet so fc it is then! heard that d jetro is real hard to tune dont know any one with it down here just standard fc's, im pritty sure that the pins are just in a different spot on the z32 air flow n you just need to swap the wires round to fit it! I'll be ordering an fc today now cheers

Reaction score
sweet so fc it is then! heard that d jetro is real hard to tune dont know any one with it down here just standard fc's, im pritty sure that the pins are just in a different spot on the z32 air flow n you just need to swap the wires round to fit it! I'll be ordering an fc today now cheers
The D Jetro is not that hard to tune it just takes a lot longer as they have to start with a base tune and work up. It has more parameters and it will cost a bit more. :|

Reaction score
As I said you have to start from scratch to tune it, with the Power fc the progam for the AFM is already programed:)

M

Matt_S

The MAF and MAP based systems of Power FC work completely differently. THe maps are not interchangeable, so say your friend is runnign the same spec as you (parts etc) and has a D Jetro and you are running a Std L Jetro then there is no way that his map could be pulled and used on yours.
DJ does take longer to map, but as I understand it, its a little bit more comlex. Plus, the system has to be calibrated to the sensors you put in.